Best time to go to Calangute Average weather of Calangute, Goa
Find the best time to visit Calangute in Goa from seasonal norms on this page.
When is the best time to go to Calangute?
When is the best time to go to Calangute? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Calangute are January, February, March, April, May, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, October, November and December
- Calangute has dry periods in January, February, March and April
- July is the rainiest month
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Calangute
For full information about the climate and weather in Calangute a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||77°F/92°F||perfect weather||Calangute in january|
|February||81°F/92°F||perfect weather||Calangute in february|
|March||85°F/92°F||good weather||Calangute in march|
|April||86°F/94°F||good weather||Calangute in april|
|May||86°F/92°F||good weather||Calangute in may|
|June||83°F/86°F||very bad weather||Calangute in june|
|July||81°F/83°F||very bad weather||Calangute in july|
|August||81°F/85°F||very bad weather||Calangute in august|
|September||81°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Calangute in september|
|October||83°F/90°F||good weather||Calangute in october|
|November||81°F/92°F||good weather||Calangute in november|
|December||79°F/92°F||good weather||Calangute in december|
Weather and climate in Calangute
- From january to march the climate is favorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 81°F and it rains about 0.2in each month.
- Between april and may the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 92°F and you can expect to have 1.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between june and august the climate is very unfavorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 79°F.
- In the month of september the climate is unfavorable. The temperature rises to 85°F and you can expect to have 16.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is favorable. It is for example 92°F as maximum temperature in december and you can expect to have 0.5in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Calangute
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Calangute: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Calangute
Find out when Calangute has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Calangute
- Very low season in Calangute
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: June, July and August.
- Low season in Calangute
The months with low numbers of tourists are: February, March, April, May and September.
- High season in Calangute
The number of visitors to Calangute is high in: January, October and November.
- Peek season in Calangute
The largest number of tourists visiting Calangute is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Calangute month by month
Best time for low prices in Calangute
Average prices of hotels in Calangute month by month
Generally, July is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Calangute. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, December is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.