Best time to go to Mumbai Average weather of Mumbai, India
Get the best time to visit Mumbai in India from average climate conditions here.
When is the best time to go to Mumbai?
When is the best time to go to Mumbai? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Mumbai are January, February, March, April, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, June, October, November and December
- Mumbai has dry periods in January, February, March, April, May and December
- July is the rainiest month
- The best months for swimming are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
Annual weather in Mumbai
For full information about the climate and weather in Mumbai a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||79°F/90°F||perfect weather||Mumbai in january|
|February||81°F/90°F||perfect weather||Mumbai in february|
|March||85°F/94°F||good weather||Mumbai in march|
|April||88°F/94°F||good weather||Mumbai in april|
|May||88°F/94°F||tolerable weather||Mumbai in may|
|June||85°F/88°F||very bad weather||Mumbai in june|
|July||83°F/85°F||very bad weather||Mumbai in july|
|August||83°F/85°F||very bad weather||Mumbai in august|
|September||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Mumbai in september|
|October||85°F/92°F||good weather||Mumbai in october|
|November||83°F/94°F||good weather||Mumbai in november|
|December||79°F/92°F||perfect weather||Mumbai in december|
Weather and climate in Mumbai
- Between the months of january and february the climate is very good. At lunchtime, it's 90°F in average and it rains in february about 0.1in.
- In the month of march the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 106°F and it rains in march about 0.2in.
- In april the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 88°F and you can expect to have 0in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of may the climate is not good. It is for example 94°F as maximum temperature in may.
- From june to august the climate is very unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 92°F and you can expect to have 30.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In september the climate is unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 99°F and it rains about 53% of the time in september.
- Between october and november the climate is correct. At lunchtime, it's 94°F in average and it rains in november about 1.8in.
- In the month of december the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 79°F and, in december, 0 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Mumbai
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Mumbai: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Mumbai
Find out when Mumbai has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Mumbai
- Very low season in Mumbai
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: March, April, May, June, July, August and September.
- Low season in Mumbai
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, October and November.
- Peek season in Mumbai
The largest number of tourists visiting Mumbai is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Mumbai month by month
Best time for low prices in Mumbai
Average prices of hotels in Mumbai month by month
Generally, July is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Mumbai. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Mumbai
A return flight between London and Mumbai is generally cheaper if you go in september ($ 572 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 220 more for your airline ticket to Mumbai if you go in august.