Best time to go to Pompeii Average weather of Pompeii, Italy
Find the perfect time to go to Pompeii in Italy from seasonal norms, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Pompeii?
When is the best time to go to Pompeii? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Pompeii are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- November is the rainiest month
- August is the best month for swimming
Annual weather in Pompeii
For full information about the climate and weather in Pompeii a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||47°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Pompeii in january|
|February||47°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Pompeii in february|
|March||50°F/61°F||good weather||Pompeii in march|
|April||58°F/67°F||good weather||Pompeii in april|
|May||65°F/72°F||good weather||Pompeii in may|
|June||74°F/81°F||perfect weather||Pompeii in june|
|July||79°F/88°F||perfect weather||Pompeii in july|
|August||79°F/90°F||perfect weather||Pompeii in august|
|September||70°F/81°F||good weather||Pompeii in september|
|October||63°F/74°F||good weather||Pompeii in october|
|November||56°F/65°F||good weather||Pompeii in november|
|December||49°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Pompeii in december|
Weather and climate in Pompeii
- From january to february the climate is unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is 47°F and you can expect to have 6.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of march the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 61°F as maximum temperature in march and you can expect to have 4.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between april and june the climate is good. At lunchtime, it's 81°F in average and it rains in june about 2.4in.
- In july the climate is very good. the thermometer goes up to 88°F°C and it rains about 5% of the time in july.
- Between the months of august and november the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 65°F in average and it rains about 8.3in each month.
- In the month of december the climate is passable, but still OK. It is for example 58°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains about 5.8in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Pompeii
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Pompeii: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Pompeii
Find out when Pompeii has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Pompeii
- Very low season in Pompeii
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March and November.
- Low season in Pompeii
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April and December.
- High season in Pompeii
The number of visitors to Pompeii is high in: May, June, September and October.
- Peek season in Pompeii
The largest number of tourists visiting Pompeii is during: July and August.