Best time to go to Sicily for a perfect weather and where to go?
Get the perfect time to visit Sicily from average weather conditions in many locations like Messina or Agrigento here.
When is the best time to go to Sicily?
When is the best time to go to Sicily? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Sicily, the weather is good everywhere in April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- The best months to go to Palermo are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months in Palermo are July and August, and the coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months in this city are February, September and October
- The cities with the best climate are Isola di Ustica and Pantelleria, with good weather at least 11 months a year
- August is the best month for swimming in Palermo
Annual weather in Sicily
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Sicily for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||41°F to 63°F||tolerable weather*|
|February||41°F to 63°F||tolerable weather*|
|March||45°F to 65°F||good weather*|
|April||54°F to 70°F||good weather|
|May||63°F to 77°F||perfect weather*|
|June||70°F to 88°F||perfect weather|
|July||76°F to 95°F||perfect weather|
|August||76°F to 95°F||perfect weather|
|September||68°F to 85°F||good weather*|
|October||59°F to 77°F||good weather|
|November||52°F to 72°F||good weather|
|December||45°F to 67°F||tolerable weather*|
Best time to travel to Sicily by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Sicily
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Sicily and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Palermo, Catane, Marsala, Cefalù and Etna, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Sicily
Find out when Sicily has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Sicily
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, November and December. The number of visitors to Sicily is high in: April, May, June, July, August, September and October.
- Very low season in Sicily: January and February.
- Low season in Sicily: March, November and December.
- High season in Sicily: April, May, June, July, September and October.
- Peak season in Sicily: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Sicily month by month
Average price for flights to Sicily
A return flight between London and Palermo is generally cheaper if you go in november ($ 69 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 108 more for your airline ticket to Palermo if you go in august.
Where to go in Sicily?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Isola di Ustica||63°F||63°F||63°F||65°F||68°F||74°F||81°F||83°F||81°F||77°F||72°F||67°F|
|Riserva Naturale Cavagrande del Cassibile||59°F||59°F||61°F||65°F||70°F||77°F||83°F||85°F||81°F||74°F||68°F||61°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Sicily?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping