Best time to go to the Amalfi Coast Average weather of Amalfi Coast, Italy
Get the most favorable time to go to Amalfi Coast in Italy from seasonal norms right here.
When is the best time to go to the Amalfi Coast?
When is the best time to go to the Amalfi Coast? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in the Amalfi Coast are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- November is the rainiest month
- July is the best month for swimming
Annual weather in the Amalfi Coast
For full information about the climate and weather in the Amalfi Coast a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||52°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Amalfi Coast in january|
|February||52°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Amalfi Coast in february|
|March||56°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Amalfi Coast in march|
|April||59°F/65°F||good weather||Amalfi Coast in april|
|May||67°F/70°F||good weather||Amalfi Coast in may|
|June||74°F/77°F||perfect weather||Amalfi Coast in june|
|July||79°F/85°F||perfect weather||Amalfi Coast in july|
|August||81°F/85°F||perfect weather||Amalfi Coast in august|
|September||76°F/79°F||good weather||Amalfi Coast in september|
|October||68°F/74°F||good weather||Amalfi Coast in october|
|November||63°F/67°F||tolerable weather||Amalfi Coast in november|
|December||56°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Amalfi Coast in december|
Weather and climate in the Amalfi Coast
- From january to march the climate is just OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 58°F.
- Between the months of april and may the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 67°F and it rains about 17% of the time in may.
- Between june and august the climate is perfect. It is for example 85°F as maximum temperature in august and it rains in august about 0.9in.
- From september to october the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 74°F°C.
- Between november and december the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 59°F as maximum temperature in december and, in december, 8 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in the Amalfi Coast
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Amalfi Coast: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in the Amalfi Coast
Find out when Amalfi Coast has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in the Amalfi Coast
- Very low season in the Amalfi Coast
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, November and December.
- High season in the Amalfi Coast
The number of visitors to Amalfi Coast is high in: April, May, June, September and October.
- Peak season in the Amalfi Coast
The largest number of tourists visiting Amalfi Coast is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Amalfi Coast month by month
Best time for low prices in the Amalfi Coast
Average prices of hotels in the Amalfi Coast month by month
Generally, November is the month with the lowest hotel prices in the Amalfi Coast. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in the Amalfi Coast
On average, it costs $ 22 per day to hire a car in the Amalfi Coast. This price varies by $ 11 depending on the month. In january, hiring a car costs an average of $ 18 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 29.