Best time to go to Naples Average weather of Naples, Italy
Find the perfect time to go to Naples in Italy from seasonal averages, here.
When is the best time to go to Naples?
When is the best time to go to Naples? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Naples are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- November is the rainiest month
- The best months for swimming are June, July, August, September and October
Annual weather in Naples
For full information about the climate and weather in Naples a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||49°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Naples in january|
|February||49°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Naples in february|
|March||52°F/61°F||good weather||Naples in march|
|April||59°F/67°F||good weather||Naples in april|
|May||67°F/74°F||good weather||Naples in may|
|June||76°F/81°F||perfect weather||Naples in june|
|July||81°F/88°F||perfect weather||Naples in july|
|August||81°F/90°F||perfect weather||Naples in august|
|September||72°F/83°F||good weather||Naples in september|
|October||65°F/74°F||good weather||Naples in october|
|November||58°F/67°F||good weather||Naples in november|
|December||50°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Naples in december|
Weather and climate in Naples
- Between the months of january and february the climate is not good. The record temperature this month is 72°F and you can expect to have 6.1in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of march the climate is okay. The record temperature this month is 74°F and it rains about 22% of the time in march.
- From april to june the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 81°F and it rains in june about 1.9in.
- In july the climate is very good. The temperature rises to 88°F and, in july, 2 days of rain are expected.
- From august to november the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 76°F and you can expect to have 8.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of december the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 50°F and you can expect to have 5.6in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Naples
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Naples: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Naples
Find out when Naples has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Naples
- Very low season in Naples
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and March.
- Low season in Naples
The months with low numbers of tourists are: November.
- High season in Naples
The number of visitors to Naples is high in: April, May, June, October and December.
- Peek season in Naples
The largest number of tourists visiting Naples is during: July, August and September.
Figure: Visitor index for Naples month by month
Best time for low prices in Naples
Average prices of hotels in Naples month by month
Generally, February is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Naples. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, April is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Naples
A return flight between London and Naples is generally cheaper if you go in january ($ 78 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 45 more for your airline ticket to Naples if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in Naples
On average, it costs $ 26 per day to hire a car in Naples. This price varies by $ 18 depending on the month. In november, hiring a car costs an average of $ 16 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 34.