Best time to go to Bosnia and Herzegovina for a perfect weather and where to go?
Discover the very best time to go to Bosnia And Herzegovina from seasonal norms in many locations like Sarajevo or Tuzla here.
When is the best time to go to Bosnia and Herzegovina?
When is the best time to go to Bosnia and Herzegovina? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Bosnia and Herzegovina, the weather is good everywhere in May, June, July, August and September
- The best months to go to Sarajevo are May, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months in Sarajevo are July and August, and the coldest month of the year is January
- The rainiest months in this city are May and June
- The cities with the best climate are Međugorje, Neum, Trebinje, Tuzla, Banovici, Bijeljina, Capljina, Gradacac, Ljubuski and Orasje, with good weather at least 7 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Neum are June, July, August and September
Annual weather in Bosnia and Herzegovina
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Bosnia and Herzegovina for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||22°F to 52°F||very bad weather|
|February||27°F to 54°F||very bad weather|
|March||32°F to 58°F||very bad weather*|
|April||43°F to 67°F||good weather*|
|May||50°F to 72°F||good weather|
|June||58°F to 81°F||good weather|
|July||61°F to 88°F||good weather*|
|August||59°F to 90°F||good weather*|
|September||52°F to 81°F||good weather*|
|October||43°F to 70°F||tolerable weather*|
|November||36°F to 63°F||very bad weather*|
|December||27°F to 54°F||very bad weather*|
Best time to travel to Bosnia And Herzegovina by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Bosnia and Herzegovina
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Bosnia And Herzegovina and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Sarajevo, Banja Luka, Mostar, Goražde and Međugorje, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Find out when Bosnia And Herzegovina has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Bosnia and Herzegovina
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, October, November and December. The number of visitors to Bosnia And Herzegovina is high in: April, May, June, July, August and September.
- Very low season in Bosnia and Herzegovina: January, February, March and December.
- Low season in Bosnia and Herzegovina: October and November.
- High season in Bosnia and Herzegovina: April, May, June and September.
- Peak season in Bosnia and Herzegovina: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Bosnia And Herzegovina month by month
Average price for flights to Bosnia and Herzegovina
A return flight between London and Sarajevo is generally cheaper if you go in september ($ 139 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 107 more for your airline ticket to Sarajevo if you go in august.
Where to go in Bosnia and Herzegovina?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
very bad weather
About Bosnia And Herzegovina
What can I do in Bosnia and Herzegovina?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping
Is this weather information for Bosnia And Herzegovina reliable?
Climate data for Bosnia And Herzegovina has been gathered every day since January 2009. The analysis of these meteorological data for Bosnia And Herzegovina allows us to determine the average for each month in Sarajevo, Banja Luka, Mostar, Goražde, Međugorje, Neum, Trebinje, Tuzla, and 29 other cities.
So yes: this data is reliable except in cases of temporary climate disruption in the region.