Best time to go to Sorrento Average weather of Sorrento, Italy
Discover the best time to visit Sorrento in Italy from average weather conditions, right here.
When is the best time to go to Sorrento?
When is the best time to go to Sorrento? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Sorrento are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- November is the rainiest month
- August is the best month for swimming
Annual weather in Sorrento
For full information about the climate and weather in Sorrento a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Sorrento in january
|Sorrento in february
|Sorrento in march
|Sorrento in april
|Sorrento in may
|Sorrento in june
|Sorrento in july
|Sorrento in august
|Sorrento in september
|Sorrento in october
|Sorrento in november
|Sorrento in december
Weather and climate in Sorrento
- From january to march the climate is okay. It is for example 59°F as maximum temperature in march.
- Between april and may the climate is good. The temperature rises to 70°F and, in may, 5 days of rain are expected.
- Between june and august the climate is very good. At lunchtime, it's 85°F in average and, in august, 1 days of rain are expected.
- From september to october the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 74°F°C.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 59°F°C and, in december, 8 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Sorrento
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Sorrento: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Sorrento
Find out when Sorrento has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Sorrento
- Very low season in Sorrento
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March and November.
- Low season in Sorrento
The months with low numbers of tourists are: December.
- High season in Sorrento
The number of visitors to Sorrento is high in: April, May and October.
- Peak season in Sorrento
The largest number of tourists visiting Sorrento is during: June, July, August and September.
Figure: Visitor index for Sorrento month by month
Best time for low prices in Sorrento
Average prices of hotels in Sorrento month by month
Generally, February is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Sorrento. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, June is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Sorrento
On average, it costs $ 98 per day to hire a car in Sorrento. This price varies by $ 57 depending on the month. In february, hiring a car costs an average of $ 72 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 128.