Best time to go to Capri Average weather of Capri, Italy
Get the very best time to visit Capri in Italy from seasonal norms, below.
When is the best time to go to Capri?
When is the best time to go to Capri? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Capri are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and December
- On average, the warmest months are July, August and September
- The coldest months are January and February
- November is the rainiest month
- The best months for swimming are June, July, August, September and October
Annual weather in Capri
For full information about the climate and weather in Capri a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||54°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Capri in january|
|February||54°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Capri in february|
|March||56°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Capri in march|
|April||59°F/63°F||good weather||Capri in april|
|May||67°F/68°F||good weather||Capri in may|
|June||74°F/77°F||perfect weather||Capri in june|
|July||79°F/83°F||perfect weather||Capri in july|
|August||81°F/85°F||perfect weather||Capri in august|
|September||76°F/79°F||good weather||Capri in september|
|October||68°F/74°F||good weather||Capri in october|
|November||63°F/67°F||tolerable weather||Capri in november|
|December||58°F/61°F||good weather||Capri in december|
Weather and climate in Capri
- Between january and march the climate is okay. The temperature rises to 59°F and it rains in march about 6.1in.
- From april to may the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 79°F and, in may, 6 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of june and july the climate is very good. the thermometer goes up to 83°F°C and you can expect to have 1.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between august and november the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 63°F and it rains about 11.7in each month.
- In the month of december the climate is correct. At lunchtime, it's 59°F in average and it rains in december about 7.1in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Capri
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Capri: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Capri
Find out when Capri has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Capri
- Very low season in Capri
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, November and December.
- High season in Capri
The number of visitors to Capri is high in: April, May and October.
- Peek season in Capri
The largest number of tourists visiting Capri is during: June, July, August and September.
Figure: Visitor index for Capri month by month
Best time for low prices in Capri
Average prices of hotels in Capri month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Capri. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.