Best time to go to Dakar Average weather of Dakar, Senegal
Discover the very best time to visit Dakar in Senegal from average climate conditions, here.
When is the best time to go to Dakar?
When is the best time to go to Dakar? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Dakar
- On average, the warmest months are July, August, September, October, November and December
- Dakar has dry periods in January, February, March, April, May, June, November and December
- The rainiest months are August and September
- The best months for swimming are June, July, August, September, October and November
For full information about the climate and weather in Dakar a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|perfect weather||Dakar in january|
|perfect weather||Dakar in february|
|perfect weather||Dakar in march|
|perfect weather||Dakar in april|
|perfect weather||Dakar in may|
|perfect weather||Dakar in june|
|perfect weather||Dakar in july|
|good weather||Dakar in august|
|good weather||Dakar in september|
|good weather||Dakar in october|
|perfect weather||Dakar in november|
|perfect weather||Dakar in december|
Weather and climate in Dakar
- From january to may the climate is very good. It is for example 79°F as maximum temperature in may and it rains about 0.1in each month.
- In june the climate is good. It is for example 81°F as maximum temperature in june and it rains about 8% of the time in june.
- From july to august the climate is passable, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 83°F and it rains about 29% of the time in august.
- Between september and october the climate is unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 95°F and, in october, 3 days of rain are expected.
- In november the climate is beautiful. It is for example 86°F as maximum temperature in november.
- In december the climate is very good. By early evening, the temperature averages 81°F and it rains about 0in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Dakar
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Dakar: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Senegal
Dakar appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Senegal appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.