Best time to go to Senegal for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the most favorable time to go to Senegal from average climate conditions in many locations like Cap Skirring or Saint-Louis, right here.
When is the best time to go to Senegal?
When is the best time to go to Senegal? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Senegal, the weather is good everywhere in January, February, November and December
- The weather is good all year in Dakar
- On average, the warmest months in Dakar are July, August, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months in this city are August and September
- The cities with the best climate are Dakar, Saly Portudal, Joal Fadiouth, Louga, Saint-Louis, Lompoul, M'bour and Somone, with good weather at least 11 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Dakar are June, July, August, September, October and November
Where and when to go based on the weather?
Dakar, Saly Portudal, Joal Fadiouth...
Cap Skirring, Kolda (Casamance), Kafountine...
Central of Senegal
Sokone, Koungheul, Saloum Delta National Park...
North of Senegal
Matam, Saint-Louis, Louga...
South East of Senegal
Tambacounda, Kedougou, Niokolo-Koba National Park...
To get all the information about the climate and weather in Senegal for a specific month, click on the corresponding link below:
Senegal in january Senegal in february Senegal in march Senegal in april Senegal in may Senegal in june Senegal in july Senegal in august Senegal in september Senegal in october Senegal in november Senegal in december
Best time to travel to Senegal by cities
See full list of cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Senegal
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Senegal and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Dakar, Cap Skirring, Saly Portudal, Tambacounda and Joal Fadiouth, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Senegal
Find out when Senegal has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Senegal
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November. The number of visitors to Senegal is high in: January, February and December.
- Very low season in Senegal: May, June and September.
- Low season in Senegal: March, April, July, August, October and November.
- High season in Senegal: January and February.
- Peak season in Senegal: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Senegal month by month
Average price for flights to Senegal
A return flight between London and Dakar is generally cheaper if you go in november ($ 473 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 352 more for your airline ticket to Dakar if you go in august.
Where to go in Senegal?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Niokolo-Koba National Park||99°F||103°F||106°F||108°F||106°F||103°F||94°F||88°F||90°F||95°F||99°F||97°F|
|Saloum Delta National Park||85°F||85°F||85°F||83°F||83°F||85°F||85°F||85°F||86°F||88°F||90°F||88°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Senegal?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping