Best time to go to Cape Verde for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the very best time to go to Cape Verde from average climate conditions in many locations like Sal Rei or Tarrafal right here.
When is the best time to go to Cape Verde?
When is the best time to go to Cape Verde? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Cabo Verde, the weather is good everywhere in January, February, March, April, May, June, July, October, November and December
- The best months to go to Praia are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months in Praia are July, August, September, October, November and December
- September is the wettest month in this city
- The cities with the best climate are Sal Rei, Baía das Gatas, Curral Velho, Espargos (Sal Island), Mindelo, Murdeira, Porto Novo, Rabil, Ribeira Brava (São Nicolau) and Ribeira Grande, with good weather at least 11 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Praia are August, September, October and November
Where and when to go based on the weather?
Sal Rei, Rabil, Curral Velho...
Ilha brava, São Filipe (Fogo Island), Mosteiros...
Espargos (Sal Island), Santa Maria (Cape Verde), Murdeira...
Praia, Tarrafal, Pedra Badejo...
Porto Novo, Ribeira Grande, Tarrafal de Monte Trigo...
Ribeira Brava (São Nicolau)...
Mindelo, Santa Luzia island, Baía das Gatas...
To get all the information about the climate and weather in Cabo Verde for a specific month, click on the corresponding link below:
Cape Verde in january Cape Verde in february Cape Verde in march Cape Verde in april Cape Verde in may Cape Verde in june Cape Verde in july Cape Verde in august Cape Verde in september Cape Verde in october Cape Verde in november Cape Verde in december
Best time to travel to Cape Verde by cities
See full list of cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Cabo Verde
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Cape Verde and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Praia, Sal Rei, Baía das Gatas, Calheta and Curral Velho, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Cabo Verde
Find out when Cape Verde has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Cabo Verde
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, May, June, July, September and October. The number of visitors to Cape Verde is high in: January, February, August, November and December.
- Very low season in Cabo Verde: May, June and September.
- Low season in Cabo Verde: March, April, July and October.
- High season in Cabo Verde: January, February, August and November.
- Peak season in Cabo Verde: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Cape Verde month by month
Average price for flights to Cape Verde
A return flight between London and Praia is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 494 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 470 more for your airline ticket to Praia if you go in august.
Where to go in Cabo Verde?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Baía das Gatas||74°F||72°F||74°F||74°F||76°F||76°F||77°F||81°F||81°F||81°F||79°F||76°F|
|Espargos (Sal Island)||74°F||72°F||72°F||72°F||74°F||76°F||77°F||79°F||83°F||81°F||79°F||76°F|
|Ribeira Brava (São Nicolau)||74°F||72°F||74°F||74°F||76°F||76°F||77°F||81°F||81°F||81°F||79°F||76°F|
|Santa Luzia island||74°F||72°F||74°F||74°F||76°F||76°F||77°F||81°F||81°F||81°F||79°F||76°F|
|Santa Maria (Cape Verde)||74°F||72°F||72°F||72°F||74°F||76°F||77°F||79°F||83°F||81°F||79°F||76°F|
|São Filipe (Fogo Island)||77°F||76°F||77°F||77°F||79°F||79°F||81°F||83°F||85°F||85°F||83°F||79°F|
|Tarrafal de Monte Trigo||74°F||72°F||74°F||74°F||76°F||76°F||77°F||81°F||81°F||81°F||79°F||76°F|
About Cape Verde
What can I do in Cabo Verde?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping