Best time to go to Gambia for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the most favorable time to visit Gambia from average climate conditions in many locations like Brufut or Basse Santa Su on this page.
When is the best time to go to Gambia?
When is the best time to go to Gambia? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Gambia, the weather is good everywhere in January, February, July, November and December
- The best months to go to Banjul are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months in Banjul are January, February, March, July, August, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months in this city are August and September
- The cities with the best climate are Banjul, Kololi, Serrekunda and Brufut, with good weather at least 9 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Banjul are June, July, August, September, October and November
Annual weather in Gambia
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Gambia for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||68°F to 99°F||perfect weather|
|February||70°F to 103°F||perfect weather*|
|March||72°F to 106°F||perfect weather*|
|April||74°F to 110°F||perfect weather*|
|May||74°F to 110°F||perfect weather*|
|June||77°F to 106°F||perfect weather*|
|July||79°F to 97°F||good weather|
|August||77°F to 94°F||tolerable weather|
|September||77°F to 94°F||tolerable weather*|
|October||77°F to 101°F||good weather*|
|November||76°F to 103°F||perfect weather*|
|December||70°F to 99°F||perfect weather|
Best time to travel to Gambia by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Gambia
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Gambia and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Banjul, Kololi, Serrekunda, Georgetown (Gambia) and Basse Santa Su, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Gambia
Find out when Gambia has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Gambia
The months with low numbers of tourists are: February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October. The number of visitors to Gambia is high in: January, November and December.
- Very low season in Gambia: May, June, July, August, September and October.
- Low season in Gambia: February, March and April.
- High season in Gambia: January and November.
- Peak season in Gambia: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Gambia month by month
Average price for flights to Gambia
A return flight between London and Banjul is generally cheaper if you go in november ($ 537 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 412 more for your airline ticket to Banjul if you go in august.
Where to go in Gambia?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Basse Santa Su||99°F||103°F||106°F||110°F||110°F||106°F||97°F||92°F||94°F||101°F||103°F||99°F|
What can I do in Gambia?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping