When is the best time to visit Reykjavik?
What is the best time to go in Reykjavik? Here is some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Reykjavik are July and August
- December is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, February, March and September
For complete information about climate and weather in Reykjavik for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||2°C/3°C||224mm||very bad weather||Reykjavik in january|
|February||2°C/3°C||184mm||very bad weather||Reykjavik in february|
|March||1°C/4°C||221mm||very bad weather||Reykjavik in march|
|April||2°C/6°C||160mm||very bad weather||Reykjavik in april|
|May||5°C/10°C||127mm||very bad weather||Reykjavik in may|
|June||10°C/13°C||102mm||bad weather||Reykjavik in june|
|July||10°C/15°C||127mm||okay weather||Reykjavik in july|
|August||9°C/15°C||168mm||okay weather||Reykjavik in august|
|September||8°C/11°C||223mm||bad weather||Reykjavik in september|
|October||5°C/7°C||158mm||very bad weather||Reykjavik in october|
|November||3°C/5°C||150mm||very bad weather||Reykjavik in november|
|December||-0°C/2°C||175mm||very bad weather||Reykjavik in december|
Weather and climate of Reykjavik
- Between the months of january and may the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 15°C and, in may, 15 days of rain are expected.
- In june the climate is not good. At lunchtime, it's 12°C in average and it rains about 54% of the time in june.
- From july to august the climate is okay. At lunchtime, it's 14°C in average and, in august, 18 days of rain are expected.
- In september the climate is unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 16°C.
- Between october and december the climate is very bad. By early evening, the temperature averages -0°C and, in december, 18 days of rain are expected.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Reykjavik
The chart below allows to simultaneously view for the city of Reykjavik the following seasonal norms: the minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Iceland
Reykjavik appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or places of Iceland appears on the map with a black icon. Hover them to obtain information about their climate.