Best time to go to Selfoss Average weather of Selfoss, Iceland
Discover the best time to go to Selfoss in Iceland from seasonal averages below.
When is the best time to go to Selfoss?
When is the best time to go to Selfoss? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Selfoss are June, July and August
- December is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, February, March and December
Annual weather in Selfoss
For full information about the climate and weather in Selfoss a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||32°F/36°F||very bad weather||Selfoss in january|
|February||32°F/38°F||very bad weather||Selfoss in february|
|March||32°F/40°F||very bad weather||Selfoss in march|
|April||36°F/43°F||very bad weather||Selfoss in april|
|May||41°F/49°F||very bad weather||Selfoss in may|
|June||47°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Selfoss in june|
|July||50°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Selfoss in july|
|August||49°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Selfoss in august|
|September||45°F/52°F||bad weather||Selfoss in september|
|October||40°F/45°F||very bad weather||Selfoss in october|
|November||34°F/40°F||very bad weather||Selfoss in november|
|December||31°F/36°F||very bad weather||Selfoss in december|
Weather and climate in Selfoss
- From january to may the climate is the worst possible. the thermometer goes up to 49°F°C and it rains in may about 5.6in.
- In the month of june the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 65°F.
- Between july and august the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 56°F in average and it rains about 29% of the time in august.
- In september the climate is unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 61°F and you can expect to have 8.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From october to december the climate is very unfavorable. The temperature rises to 36°F and you can expect to have 9.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Selfoss
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Selfoss: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Selfoss
Find out when Selfoss has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Selfoss
- Very low season in Selfoss
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, April, November and December.
- Low season in Selfoss
The months with low numbers of tourists are: May, September and October.
- High season in Selfoss
The number of visitors to Selfoss is high in: June.
- Peak season in Selfoss
The largest number of tourists visiting Selfoss is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Selfoss month by month
Best time for low prices in Selfoss
Average prices of hotels in Selfoss month by month
Generally, November is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Selfoss. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.