Best time to go to Selfoss Average weather of Selfoss, Iceland
Discover the best time to go to Selfoss in Iceland from seasonal averages below.
When is the best time to go to Selfoss?
When is the best time to go to Selfoss? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Selfoss are July and August
- December is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, February, March and September
For full information about the climate and weather in Selfoss a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Selfoss in january|
|very bad weather||Selfoss in february|
|very bad weather||Selfoss in march|
|very bad weather||Selfoss in april|
|very bad weather||Selfoss in may|
|bad weather||Selfoss in june|
|tolerable weather||Selfoss in july|
|tolerable weather||Selfoss in august|
|bad weather||Selfoss in september|
|very bad weather||Selfoss in october|
|very bad weather||Selfoss in november|
|very bad weather||Selfoss in december|
Weather and climate in Selfoss
- From january to may the climate is the worst possible. the thermometer goes up to 50°F°C and it rains in may about 4.2in.
- In the month of june the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 68°F.
- Between july and august the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 56°F in average and it rains about 47% of the time in august.
- In september the climate is unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 61°F and you can expect to have 7.5in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From october to december the climate is very unfavorable. The temperature rises to 38°F and you can expect to have 6.1in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Selfoss
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Selfoss: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Iceland
Selfoss appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Iceland appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.