Best time to go to Selfoss Average weather of Selfoss, Iceland
Discover the best time to go to Selfoss in Iceland from seasonal averages below.
When is the best time to go to Selfoss?
When is the best time to go to Selfoss? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Selfoss are June, July and August
- December is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January and March
For full information about the climate and weather in Selfoss a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Selfoss in january|
|very bad weather||Selfoss in february|
|very bad weather||Selfoss in march|
|very bad weather||Selfoss in april|
|bad weather||Selfoss in may|
|tolerable weather||Selfoss in june|
|tolerable weather||Selfoss in july|
|tolerable weather||Selfoss in august|
|bad weather||Selfoss in september|
|very bad weather||Selfoss in october|
|very bad weather||Selfoss in november|
|very bad weather||Selfoss in december|
Weather and climate in Selfoss
- From january to may the climate is the worst possible. the thermometer goes up to 49°F°C and it rains in may about 2.5in.
- In the month of june the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 67°F.
- Between july and august the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 56°F in average and it rains about 35% of the time in august.
- In september the climate is unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 61°F and you can expect to have 4.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From october to december the climate is very unfavorable. The temperature rises to 36°F and you can expect to have 4in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Selfoss
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Selfoss: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Iceland
Selfoss appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Iceland appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.