Best time to go to Edinburgh Average weather of Edinburgh, Scotland
Discover the best time to visit Edinburgh in Scotland from seasonal averages, below.
When is the best time to go to Edinburgh?
When is the best time to go to Edinburgh? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Edinburgh are May, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are June, July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are July and August
For full information about the climate and weather in Edinburgh a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Edinburgh in january|
|very bad weather||Edinburgh in february|
|very bad weather||Edinburgh in march|
|bad weather||Edinburgh in april|
|tolerable weather||Edinburgh in may|
|tolerable weather||Edinburgh in june|
|tolerable weather||Edinburgh in july|
|tolerable weather||Edinburgh in august|
|tolerable weather||Edinburgh in september|
|bad weather||Edinburgh in october|
|bad weather||Edinburgh in november|
|very bad weather||Edinburgh in december|
Weather and climate in Edinburgh
- Between the months of january and april the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 68°F and you can expect to have 1in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of may and september the climate is just OK. It is for example 59°F as maximum temperature in september and, in september, 9 days of rain are expected.
- From october to november the climate is unfavorable. The temperature rises to 49°F and it rains in november about 1.5in.
- In december the climate is the worst possible. It is for example 43°F as maximum temperature in december and you can expect to have 1.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Edinburgh
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Edinburgh: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Scotland
Edinburgh appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Scotland appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.