Best time to go to Belfast Average weather of Belfast, North Ireland
Discover the perfect time to visit Belfast in North Ireland from average weather conditions right here.
When is the best time to go to Belfast?
When is the best time to go to Belfast? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Belfast are May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are June, July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are June, July, August and November
For full information about the climate and weather in Belfast a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Belfast in january|
|very bad weather||Belfast in february|
|bad weather||Belfast in march|
|bad weather||Belfast in april|
|tolerable weather||Belfast in may|
|tolerable weather||Belfast in june|
|tolerable weather||Belfast in july|
|tolerable weather||Belfast in august|
|tolerable weather||Belfast in september|
|tolerable weather||Belfast in october|
|bad weather||Belfast in november|
|very bad weather||Belfast in december|
Weather and climate in Belfast
- Between january and february the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 56°F and it rains about 34% of the time in february.
- Between the months of march and april the climate is bad. In average, on the morning it is 43°F and it rains about 30% of the time in april.
- Between may and october the climate is passable, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 52°F and it rains in october about 2.1in.
- In november the climate is not good. At lunchtime, it's 49°F in average and it rains about 36% of the time in november.
- In december the climate is the worst possible. In average, on the morning it is 43°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Belfast
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Belfast: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of North Ireland
Belfast appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Northern Ireland appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.