Best time to go to Inverness Average weather of Inverness, Scotland
Discover the best time to visit Inverness in Scotland from average climate conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Inverness?
When is the best time to go to Inverness? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best month for good weather in Inverness is August
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
For full information about the climate and weather in Inverness a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||36°F/40°F||very bad weather||Inverness in january|
|February||36°F/43°F||very bad weather||Inverness in february|
|March||40°F/47°F||very bad weather||Inverness in march|
|April||45°F/52°F||bad weather||Inverness in april|
|May||50°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Inverness in may|
|June||56°F/61°F||tolerable weather||Inverness in june|
|July||58°F/63°F||tolerable weather||Inverness in july|
|August||58°F/63°F||good weather||Inverness in august|
|September||52°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Inverness in september|
|October||47°F/54°F||bad weather||Inverness in october|
|November||41°F/47°F||very bad weather||Inverness in november|
|December||38°F/41°F||very bad weather||Inverness in december|
Weather and climate in Inverness
- From january to april the climate is very unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 68°F.
- Between the months of may and july the climate is correct. The temperature rises to 63°F.
- In august the climate is favorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 59°F and it rains about 1.4in each month.
- In the month of september the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 59°F and it rains about 23% of the time in september.
- In october the climate is unfavorable. The temperature rises to 54°F and it rains about 20% of the time in october.
- Between november and december the climate is very bad. At lunchtime, it's 41°F in average and you can expect to have 1in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Inverness
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Inverness: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.