Best time to go to Grindavík Average weather of Grindavík, Iceland
Discover the most favorable time to go to Grindavík in Iceland from seasonal averages on this page.
When is the best time to go to Grindavík?
When is the best time to go to Grindavík? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Grindavík are July and August
- The coldest months are January, February, March and December
- The rainiest months are January, February, March, September and October
Annual weather in Grindavík
For full information about the climate and weather in Grindavík a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||38°F/41°F||very bad weather||Grindavík in january|
|February||38°F/41°F||very bad weather||Grindavík in february|
|March||38°F/41°F||very bad weather||Grindavík in march|
|April||40°F/43°F||very bad weather||Grindavík in april|
|May||43°F/47°F||very bad weather||Grindavík in may|
|June||49°F/52°F||bad weather||Grindavík in june|
|July||52°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Grindavík in july|
|August||52°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Grindavík in august|
|September||49°F/52°F||bad weather||Grindavík in september|
|October||45°F/47°F||very bad weather||Grindavík in october|
|November||41°F/43°F||very bad weather||Grindavík in november|
|December||38°F/41°F||very bad weather||Grindavík in december|
Weather and climate in Grindavík
- From january to april the climate is very bad. At lunchtime, it's 41°F in average.
- Between the months of may and june the climate is unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 52°F°C and it rains in june about 3.5in.
- From july to august the climate is just OK. It is for example 56°F as maximum temperature in august and it rains in august about 4.9in.
- From september to october the climate is not good. It is for example 47°F as maximum temperature in october.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is very unfavorable. The temperature rises to 41°F and it rains about 6.1in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Grindavík
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Grindavík: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Grindavík
Find out when Grindavík has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Grindavík
- Very low season in Grindavík
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, April, May, November and December.
- Low season in Grindavík
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, September and October.
- High season in Grindavík
The number of visitors to Grindavík is high in: June.
- Peak season in Grindavík
The largest number of tourists visiting Grindavík is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Grindavík month by month
Best time for low prices in Grindavík
Average prices of hotels in Grindavík month by month
Generally, November is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Grindavík. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.