Best time to go to Borgarnes Average weather of Borgarnes, Iceland
Discover the best time to visit Borgarnes in Iceland from seasonal norms, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Borgarnes?
When is the best time to go to Borgarnes? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Borgarnes are July and August
- December is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, February, March, September and October
Annual weather in Borgarnes
For full information about the climate and weather in Borgarnes a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||32°F/38°F||very bad weather||Borgarnes in january|
|February||32°F/38°F||very bad weather||Borgarnes in february|
|March||32°F/38°F||very bad weather||Borgarnes in march|
|April||36°F/43°F||very bad weather||Borgarnes in april|
|May||41°F/49°F||very bad weather||Borgarnes in may|
|June||49°F/54°F||bad weather||Borgarnes in june|
|July||52°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Borgarnes in july|
|August||50°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Borgarnes in august|
|September||47°F/52°F||bad weather||Borgarnes in september|
|October||41°F/45°F||very bad weather||Borgarnes in october|
|November||36°F/40°F||very bad weather||Borgarnes in november|
|December||32°F/36°F||very bad weather||Borgarnes in december|
Weather and climate in Borgarnes
- Between january and april the climate is the worst possible. At lunchtime, it's 41°F in average and you can expect to have 4.1in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of may and june the climate is not good. It is for example 54°F as maximum temperature in june.
- Between july and august the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 67°F and it rains in august about 3.9in.
- In the month of september the climate is bad. At lunchtime, it's 50°F in average and it rains about 5.4in each month.
- Between october and december the climate is very unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 36°F°C and it rains in december about 4.1in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Borgarnes
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Borgarnes: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Borgarnes
Find out when Borgarnes has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Borgarnes
- Very low season in Borgarnes
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, April, November and December.
- Low season in Borgarnes
The months with low numbers of tourists are: May and October.
- High season in Borgarnes
The number of visitors to Borgarnes is high in: June and September.
- Peak season in Borgarnes
The largest number of tourists visiting Borgarnes is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Borgarnes month by month
Best time for low prices in Borgarnes
Average prices of hotels in Borgarnes month by month
Generally, February is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Borgarnes. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.