Best time to go to Akranes Average weather of Akranes, Iceland
Find the very best time to visit Akranes in Iceland from average climate conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Akranes?
When is the best time to go to Akranes? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Akranes are July and August
- December is the coldest month of the year
For full information about the climate and weather in Akranes a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Akranes in january|
|very bad weather||Akranes in february|
|very bad weather||Akranes in march|
|very bad weather||Akranes in april|
|very bad weather||Akranes in may|
|bad weather||Akranes in june|
|tolerable weather||Akranes in july|
|tolerable weather||Akranes in august|
|bad weather||Akranes in september|
|very bad weather||Akranes in october|
|very bad weather||Akranes in november|
|very bad weather||Akranes in december|
Weather and climate in Akranes
- From january to april the climate is very bad. the thermometer goes up to 41°F°C.
- From may to june the climate is not good. By early evening, the temperature averages 52°F and it rains about 20% of the time in june.
- Between july and august the climate is okay. At lunchtime, it's 56°F in average and it rains about 1.5in each month.
- In september the climate is bad. By early evening, the temperature averages 49°F and you can expect to have 1.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is very bad. In average, on the morning it is 32°F and you can expect to have 1.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Akranes
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Akranes: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Iceland
Akranes appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Iceland appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.