When is the best time to go to Chiang Rai?
When is the best time to go to Chiang Rai? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Chiang Rai are January, February, March, April, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are March, April and May
- February is the driest month
- The coldest months are January and December
- The rainiest months are July and August
For full information about the climate and weather in Chiang Rai a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||13°C/30°C||16mm||good weather||Chiang Rai in january|
|February||16°C/35°C||6mm||perfect weather||Chiang Rai in february|
|March||21°C/37°C||27mm||good weather||Chiang Rai in march|
|April||25°C/39°C||38mm||good weather||Chiang Rai in april|
|May||25°C/36°C||238mm||tolerable weather||Chiang Rai in may|
|June||24°C/33°C||307mm||tolerable weather||Chiang Rai in june|
|July||23°C/31°C||401mm||tolerable weather||Chiang Rai in july|
|August||23°C/32°C||351mm||tolerable weather||Chiang Rai in august|
|September||23°C/33°C||268mm||tolerable weather||Chiang Rai in september|
|October||21°C/33°C||77mm||tolerable weather||Chiang Rai in october|
|November||17°C/32°C||36mm||perfect weather||Chiang Rai in november|
|December||13°C/30°C||30mm||good weather||Chiang Rai in december|
Weather and climate in Chiang Rai
- In january the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 30°C°C and it rains about 16mm each month.
- In february the climate is perfect. The record temperature this month is 40°C and you can expect to have 6mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In march the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 21°C and it rains in march about 27mm.
- From april to may the climate is correct. By early evening, the temperature averages 29°C.
- Between the months of june and august the climate is very bad. By early evening, the temperature averages 26°C.
- Between the months of september and october the climate is passable, but still OK. It is for example 33°C as maximum temperature in october and it rains about 51% of the time in october.
- In the month of november the climate is very good. By early evening, the temperature averages 22°C and, in november, 7 days of rain are expected.
- In december the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 35°C and you can expect to have 30mm of rainfall/month during this period.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Chiang Rai
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Chiang Rai: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Thailand
Chiang Rai appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Thailand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.