When is the best time to go to Chiang Rai?
When is the best time to go to Chiang Rai? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Chiang Rai are January, February, March, April, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are March, April and May
- February is the driest month
- The rainiest months are July and August
For full information about the climate and weather in Chiang Rai a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||15°C/30°C||26mm||perfect weather||Chiang Rai in january|
|February||17°C/35°C||7mm||perfect weather||Chiang Rai in february|
|March||23°C/38°C||25mm||good weather||Chiang Rai in march|
|April||26°C/39°C||55mm||good weather||Chiang Rai in april|
|May||26°C/37°C||230mm||tolerable weather||Chiang Rai in may|
|June||25°C/34°C||276mm||tolerable weather||Chiang Rai in june|
|July||24°C/32°C||371mm||tolerable weather||Chiang Rai in july|
|August||24°C/33°C||349mm||tolerable weather||Chiang Rai in august|
|September||24°C/33°C||257mm||tolerable weather||Chiang Rai in september|
|October||22°C/33°C||120mm||tolerable weather||Chiang Rai in october|
|November||19°C/32°C||62mm||good weather||Chiang Rai in november|
|December||16°C/30°C||36mm||perfect weather||Chiang Rai in december|
Weather and climate in Chiang Rai
- In january the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 30°C°C and it rains about 26mm each month.
- In february the climate is perfect. The record temperature this month is 42°C and you can expect to have 7mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In march the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 22°C and it rains in march about 25mm.
- From april to may the climate is correct. By early evening, the temperature averages 31°C.
- Between the months of june and august the climate is very bad. By early evening, the temperature averages 28°C.
- Between the months of september and october the climate is passable, but still OK. It is for example 33°C as maximum temperature in october and it rains about 56% of the time in october.
- In the month of november the climate is very good. By early evening, the temperature averages 24°C and, in november, 8 days of rain are expected.
- In december the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 35°C and you can expect to have 36mm of rainfall/month during this period.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Chiang Rai
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Chiang Rai: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Thailand
Chiang Rai appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Thailand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.