Best time to go to Chiang Rai Average weather of Chiang Rai, Thailand
Find the perfect time to go to Chiang Rai in Thailand from seasonal norms, below.
When is the best time to go to Chiang Rai?
When is the best time to go to Chiang Rai? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Chiang Rai are January, February, March, April, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are March, April and May
- Chiang Rai has dry periods in February and March
- The rainiest months are July and August
For full information about the climate and weather in Chiang Rai a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|perfect weather||Chiang Rai in january|
|perfect weather||Chiang Rai in february|
|good weather||Chiang Rai in march|
|good weather||Chiang Rai in april|
|tolerable weather||Chiang Rai in may|
|tolerable weather||Chiang Rai in june|
|tolerable weather||Chiang Rai in july|
|tolerable weather||Chiang Rai in august|
|tolerable weather||Chiang Rai in september|
|good weather||Chiang Rai in october|
|perfect weather||Chiang Rai in november|
|perfect weather||Chiang Rai in december|
Weather and climate in Chiang Rai
- In january the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 83°F°C and it rains about 0.8in each month.
- In february the climate is perfect. The record temperature this month is 101°F and you can expect to have 0.1in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In march the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 72°F and it rains in march about 0.4in.
- From april to may the climate is correct. By early evening, the temperature averages 85°F.
- Between the months of june and august the climate is very bad. By early evening, the temperature averages 77°F.
- Between the months of september and october the climate is passable, but still OK. It is for example 88°F as maximum temperature in october and it rains about 35% of the time in october.
- In the month of november the climate is very good. By early evening, the temperature averages 70°F and, in november, 4 days of rain are expected.
- In december the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 90°F and you can expect to have 0.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Chiang Rai
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Chiang Rai: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Thailand
Chiang Rai appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Thailand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.