Best time to go to Luang Prabang Average weather of Luang Prabang, Laos
Find the very best time to go to Luang Prabang in Laos from average climate conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Luang Prabang?
When is the best time to go to Luang Prabang? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Luang Prabang are January, February, March, April, May, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are February, March, April, May, June and September
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are July and August
Annual weather in Luang Prabang
For full information about the climate and weather in Luang Prabang a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||52°F/83°F||good weather||Luang Prabang in january|
|February||58°F/90°F||perfect weather||Luang Prabang in february|
|March||70°F/95°F||perfect weather||Luang Prabang in march|
|April||76°F/97°F||good weather||Luang Prabang in april|
|May||77°F/95°F||good weather||Luang Prabang in may|
|June||76°F/92°F||tolerable weather||Luang Prabang in june|
|July||74°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Luang Prabang in july|
|August||74°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Luang Prabang in august|
|September||74°F/92°F||good weather||Luang Prabang in september|
|October||68°F/90°F||good weather||Luang Prabang in october|
|November||63°F/88°F||good weather||Luang Prabang in november|
|December||56°F/83°F||good weather||Luang Prabang in december|
Weather and climate in Luang Prabang
- From january to february the climate is beautiful. At lunchtime, it's 90°F in average and it rains in february about 0.7in.
- In the month of march the climate is perfect. In average, on the morning it is 70°F and it rains about 8% of the time in march.
- Between the months of april and may the climate is just OK. The record temperature this month is 106°F.
- Between june and august the climate is very bad. In average, on the morning it is 74°F and it rains in august about 14in.
- From september to october the climate is passable, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 97°F.
- Between november and december the climate is good. It is for example 83°F as maximum temperature in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Luang Prabang
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Luang Prabang: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Luang Prabang
Find out when Luang Prabang has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Luang Prabang
- Very low season in Luang Prabang
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June and September.
- Low season in Luang Prabang
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, July, August and October.
- High season in Luang Prabang
The number of visitors to Luang Prabang is high in: January, February and November.
- Peek season in Luang Prabang
The largest number of tourists visiting Luang Prabang is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Luang Prabang month by month
Best time for low prices in Luang Prabang
Average prices of hotels in Luang Prabang month by month
Generally, June is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Luang Prabang. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Luang Prabang
A return flight between London and Luang Prabang is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 824 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 410 more for your airline ticket to Luang Prabang if you go in august.