Best time to go to Laos for a perfect weather and where to go?
Discover the perfect time to go to Laos from average weather conditions in many locations like Savannakhet or Louang Namtha, right here.
When is the best time to go to Laos?
When is the best time to go to Laos? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Laos, the weather is good everywhere in January, February, March, November and December
- The best months to go to Vientiane are January, February, March, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months in Vientiane are February, March, April and May
- The rainiest months in this city are July and August
- Luang Prabang is the city with the best climate, with good weather 9 months a year
Annual weather in Laos
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Laos for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||47°F to 90°F||good weather*|
|February||49°F to 97°F||good weather*|
|March||58°F to 101°F||perfect weather*|
|April||67°F to 101°F||good weather*|
|May||68°F to 97°F||tolerable weather*|
|June||68°F to 92°F||bad weather*|
|July||68°F to 90°F||bad weather*|
|August||67°F to 90°F||very bad weather*|
|September||65°F to 92°F||tolerable weather*|
|October||61°F to 90°F||good weather*|
|November||56°F to 90°F||good weather*|
|December||49°F to 88°F||good weather*|
Best time to travel to Laos by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Laos
On these 2 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Laos and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Vientiane, Luang Prabang, Vang Vieng, Khong island (Don Khong) and Louang Namtha.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Laos
Find out when Laos has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Laos
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, May, June, July, August, September and October. The number of visitors to Laos is high in: January, February, March, November and December.
- Very low season in Laos: June and September.
- Low season in Laos: April, May, July, August and October.
- High season in Laos: January, February and March.
- Peak season in Laos: November and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Laos month by month
Average price for flights to Laos
A return flight between Sydney and Vientiane is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 549 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 361 more for your airline ticket to Vientiane if you go in december.
Where to go in Laos?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Khong island (Don Khong)||90°F||97°F||101°F||99°F||95°F||90°F||88°F||88°F||88°F||90°F||90°F||88°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Laos?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping