Best time to go to Chiang Mai Average weather of Chiang Mai, Thailand
Get the most favorable time to visit Chiang Mai in Thailand from seasonal averages, right here.
When is the best time to go to Chiang Mai?
When is the best time to go to Chiang Mai? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Chiang Mai are January, February, March, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are March, April and May
- February is the driest month
- The rainiest months are July and August
Annual weather in Chiang Mai
For full information about the climate and weather in Chiang Mai a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Chiang Mai in january
|Chiang Mai in february
|Chiang Mai in march
|Chiang Mai in april
|Chiang Mai in may
|Chiang Mai in june
|Chiang Mai in july
|Chiang Mai in august
|Chiang Mai in september
|Chiang Mai in october
|Chiang Mai in november
|Chiang Mai in december
Weather and climate in Chiang Mai
- From january to february the climate is perfect. The record temperature this month is 106°F and it rains in february about 0.1in.
- In march the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 72°F and it rains about 1% of the time in march.
- Between the months of april and september the climate is not good, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 90°F in average.
- In october the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 97°F and, in october, 3 days of rain are expected.
- In november the climate is perfect. In average, on the morning it is 68°F.
- In the month of december the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 86°F in average and, in december, 1 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Chiang Mai
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Chiang Mai: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Chiang Mai
Find out when Chiang Mai has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Chiang Mai
- Very low season in Chiang Mai
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: April, May, June and September.
- Low season in Chiang Mai
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, July, August and October.
- High season in Chiang Mai
The number of visitors to Chiang Mai is high in: January, February and November.
- Peak season in Chiang Mai
The largest number of tourists visiting Chiang Mai is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Chiang Mai month by month
Best time for low prices in Chiang Mai
Average prices of hotels in Chiang Mai month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Chiang Mai. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, December is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Chiang Mai
A return flight between London and Chiang Mai is generally cheaper if you go in may ($ 746 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 419 more for your airline ticket to Chiang Mai if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in Chiang Mai
On average, it costs $ 43 per day to hire a car in Chiang Mai. This price varies by $ 7.5 depending on the month. In september, hiring a car costs an average of $ 38 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in december is $ 46.