When is the best time to go to Chiang Mai?
When is the best time to go to Chiang Mai? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Chiang Mai are January, February, March, April, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are March, April and May
- Chiang Mai has dry periods in January and February
- The rainiest months are July and August
For full information about the climate and weather in Chiang Mai a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||19°C/30°C||9mm||perfect weather||Chiang Mai in january|
|February||19°C/35°C||2mm||perfect weather||Chiang Mai in february|
|March||23°C/37°C||16mm||good weather||Chiang Mai in march|
|April||26°C/40°C||20mm||good weather||Chiang Mai in april|
|May||27°C/37°C||145mm||tolerable weather||Chiang Mai in may|
|June||25°C/34°C||133mm||tolerable weather||Chiang Mai in june|
|July||25°C/33°C||202mm||tolerable weather||Chiang Mai in july|
|August||25°C/33°C||162mm||tolerable weather||Chiang Mai in august|
|September||25°C/34°C||116mm||tolerable weather||Chiang Mai in september|
|October||24°C/33°C||53mm||good weather||Chiang Mai in october|
|November||21°C/32°C||21mm||perfect weather||Chiang Mai in november|
|December||17°C/30°C||11mm||perfect weather||Chiang Mai in december|
Weather and climate in Chiang Mai
- From january to february the climate is perfect. The record temperature this month is 40°C and it rains in february about 2mm.
- In march the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 22°C and it rains about 7% of the time in march.
- Between the months of april and september the climate is not good, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 33°C in average.
- In october the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 37°C and, in october, 10 days of rain are expected.
- In november the climate is perfect. In average, on the morning it is 19°C.
- In the month of december the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 30°C in average and, in december, 2 days of rain are expected.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Chiang Mai
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Chiang Mai: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Thailand
Chiang Mai appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Thailand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.