Best time to go to Burma (Myanmar) for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the very best time to visit Myanmar from seasonal averages in many locations like Tachileik or Mrauk U on this page.
When is the best time to go to Burma (Myanmar)?
When is the best time to go to Burma (Myanmar)? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Burma (Myanmar), the weather is good everywhere in January, March, November and December
- The best months to go to Yangon (Rangoon) are January, February, March, November and December
- On average, the warmest months in Yangon (Rangoon) are February, March, April and May
- The rainiest months in this city are June, July and August
- The cities with the best climate are Mytkyina and Tachileik, with good weather at least 8 months a year
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round in Yangon (Rangoon)
Annual weather in Burma (Myanmar)
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Burma (Myanmar) for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||40°F to 94°F||perfect weather*|
|February||43°F to 97°F||perfect weather*|
|March||49°F to 101°F||perfect weather*|
|April||56°F to 106°F||good weather*|
|May||63°F to 104°F||tolerable weather*|
|June||67°F to 97°F||very bad weather*|
|July||65°F to 94°F||very bad weather*|
|August||65°F to 92°F||very bad weather*|
|September||63°F to 94°F||bad weather*|
|October||58°F to 92°F||tolerable weather*|
|November||47°F to 94°F||perfect weather*|
|December||41°F to 94°F||perfect weather*|
Best time to travel to Myanmar by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Burma (Myanmar)
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Myanmar and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Yangon (Rangoon), Mandalay, Bagan, Inle Lake and Kengtung, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Burma (Myanmar)
Find out when Myanmar has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Burma (Myanmar)
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October. The number of visitors to Myanmar is high in: November and December.
- Very low season in Burma (Myanmar): May, June, July and September.
- Low season in Burma (Myanmar): January, February, March, April, August and October.
- High season in Burma (Myanmar): November.
- Peek season in Burma (Myanmar): December.
Figure: Visitor index for Myanmar month by month
Average price for flights to Burma (Myanmar)
A return flight between London and Yangon (Rangoon) is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 808 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 445 more for your airline ticket to Yangon (Rangoon) if you go in august.
Where to go in Burma (Myanmar)?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Naypyidaw (Nay Pyi Taw)||83°F||90°F||95°F||97°F||94°F||85°F||81°F||81°F||85°F||85°F||85°F||81°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Burma (Myanmar)?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping