Best time to go to Vientiane Average weather of Vientiane, Laos
Discover the very best time to visit Vientiane in Laos from average climate conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Vientiane?
When is the best time to go to Vientiane? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Vientiane are January, February, March, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are February, March, April and May
- The rainiest months are July and August
Annual weather in Vientiane
For full information about the climate and weather in Vientiane a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Vientiane in january
|Vientiane in february
|Vientiane in march
|Vientiane in april
|Vientiane in may
|Vientiane in june
|Vientiane in july
|very bad weather
|Vientiane in august
|Vientiane in september
|Vientiane in october
|Vientiane in november
|Vientiane in december
Weather and climate in Vientiane
- In january the climate is very good. The record temperature this month is 97°F and it rains about 0.9in each month.
- Between the months of february and march the climate is beautiful. At lunchtime, it's 97°F in average and it rains about 1.6in each month.
- In the month of april the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 101°F and it rains about 3.8in each month.
- In the month of may the climate is bad. At lunchtime, it's 97°F in average.
- Between june and august the climate is very unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 97°F and it rains in august about 20.3in.
- In september the climate is not good, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 97°F and you can expect to have 14.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From october to november the climate is good. The temperature rises to 88°F.
- In the month of december the climate is perfect. At lunchtime, it's 85°F in average and it rains about 0.6in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Vientiane
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Vientiane: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Vientiane
Find out when Vientiane has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Vientiane
- Very low season in Vientiane
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: March, April, May and June.
- Low season in Vientiane
The months with low numbers of tourists are: July, August, September and October.
- High season in Vientiane
The number of visitors to Vientiane is high in: January, February and November.
- Peak season in Vientiane
The largest number of tourists visiting Vientiane is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Vientiane month by month
Best time for low prices in Vientiane
Average prices of hotels in Vientiane month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Vientiane. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, April is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Vientiane
A return flight between London and Vientiane is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 845 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 486 more for your airline ticket to Vientiane if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in Vientiane
On average, it costs $ 56 per day to hire a car in Vientiane. This price varies by $ 3.2 depending on the month. In january, hiring a car costs an average of $ 54 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in november is $ 57.