Best time to go to Ko Samui for a perfect weather and where to go?
Get the most favorable time to go to Ko Samui from seasonal averages in many locations like Koh Phaluai or Bophut, below.
When is the best time to go to Ko Samui?
When is the best time to go to Ko Samui? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- On the island of Koh Samui, the weather is good everywhere in February, March, April, May, July and August
- The best months to go to Chaweng Beach are February, March, April, May, July and August
- On average, it is hot all year round in Chaweng Beach
- November is the wettest month in this city
- The cities with the best climate are Chaweng Beach, Bang Kao (Laem Sor beach), Bophut, Choeng Mon, Koh Madsum, Koh Taen, Lamai beach, Lipa Noi, Maenam and Nathon, with good weather at least 6 months a year
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round in Chaweng Beach
Annual weather on the island of Koh Samui
For information about the climate and the weather city by city on the island of Koh Samui for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||81°F to 83°F||tolerable weather|
|November||85°F||very bad weather|
Best time to travel to Ko Samui by cities
Temperatures and rainfall on the island of Koh Samui
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Ko Samui and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Chaweng Beach, Bang Kao (Laem Sor beach), Bophut, Choeng Mon and Koh Madsum, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons on the island of Koh Samui
Find out when Ko Samui has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons on the island of Koh Samui
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, May, June, September, October and November. The number of visitors to Ko Samui is high in: January, February, July, August and December.
- Very low season on the island of Koh Samui: October and November.
- Low season on the island of Koh Samui: March, April, May, June and September.
- High season on the island of Koh Samui: January, February, July and December.
- Peak season on the island of Koh Samui: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Ko Samui month by month
Where to go on the island of Koh Samui?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Bang Kao (Laem Sor beach)||83°F||83°F||85°F||86°F||88°F||86°F||86°F||86°F||86°F||85°F||85°F||85°F|
very bad weather
About Ko Samui
What can I do on the island of Koh Samui?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping
Is this weather information for Ko Samui reliable?
Climate data for Ko Samui has been gathered every day since January 2009. The analysis of these meteorological data for Ko Samui allows us to determine the average for each month in Chaweng Beach, Bang Kao (Laem Sor beach), Bophut, Choeng Mon, Koh Madsum, Koh Phaluai, Koh Taen, Lamai beach, and 3 other cities.
So yes: this data is reliable except in cases of temporary climate disruption in the region.