Best time to go to Thakhek Average weather of Thakhek, Laos
Get the most favorable time to visit Thakhek in Laos from average climate conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Thakhek?
When is the best time to go to Thakhek? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Thakhek are January, February, March, April, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are February, March, April and May
- December is the driest month
- The rainiest months are July and August
Annual weather in Thakhek
For full information about the climate and weather in Thakhek a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||63°F/86°F||perfect weather||Thakhek in january|
|February||68°F/94°F||perfect weather||Thakhek in february|
|March||76°F/97°F||good weather||Thakhek in march|
|April||81°F/99°F||good weather||Thakhek in april|
|May||83°F/95°F||tolerable weather||Thakhek in may|
|June||81°F/92°F||very bad weather||Thakhek in june|
|July||79°F/88°F||very bad weather||Thakhek in july|
|August||79°F/88°F||very bad weather||Thakhek in august|
|September||79°F/90°F||tolerable weather||Thakhek in september|
|October||76°F/90°F||good weather||Thakhek in october|
|November||72°F/90°F||perfect weather||Thakhek in november|
|December||65°F/86°F||perfect weather||Thakhek in december|
Weather and climate in Thakhek
- In january the climate is perfect. In average, on the morning it is 63°F and it rains about 4% of the time in january.
- Between the months of february and march the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 76°F and, in march, 3 days of rain are expected.
- In april the climate is correct. In average, on the morning it is 81°F and you can expect to have 4.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of may the climate is unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 106°F and, in may, 18 days of rain are expected.
- From june to august the climate is very unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 88°F°C.
- In september the climate is okay. The temperature rises to 90°F and it rains in september about 15.7in.
- In the month of october the climate is good. At lunchtime, it's 90°F in average and you can expect to have 5in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between november and december the climate is very good. In average, on the morning it is 65°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Thakhek
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Thakhek: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Thakhek
Find out when Thakhek has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Thakhek
- Very low season in Thakhek
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: June.
- Low season in Thakhek
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, May, July, August and September.
- High season in Thakhek
The number of visitors to Thakhek is high in: January, February, October and November.
- Peak season in Thakhek
The largest number of tourists visiting Thakhek is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Thakhek month by month
Best time for low prices in Thakhek
Average prices of hotels in Thakhek month by month
Generally, September is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Thakhek. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.