Best time to go to Phonsavan Average weather of Phonsavan, Laos
Get the perfect time to visit Phonsavan in Laos from average climate conditions, here.
When is the best time to go to Phonsavan?
When is the best time to go to Phonsavan? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Phonsavan are January, February, March, April, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are February, March, April, May, June and September
- The coldest months are January and December
- The rainiest months are July and August
Annual weather in Phonsavan
For full information about the climate and weather in Phonsavan a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||50°F/76°F||good weather||Phonsavan in january|
|February||56°F/81°F||good weather||Phonsavan in february|
|March||63°F/86°F||perfect weather||Phonsavan in march|
|April||68°F/86°F||good weather||Phonsavan in april|
|May||70°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Phonsavan in may|
|June||70°F/81°F||tolerable weather||Phonsavan in june|
|July||68°F/79°F||bad weather||Phonsavan in july|
|August||68°F/81°F||bad weather||Phonsavan in august|
|September||67°F/81°F||tolerable weather||Phonsavan in september|
|October||63°F/81°F||tolerable weather||Phonsavan in october|
|November||59°F/79°F||good weather||Phonsavan in november|
|December||52°F/74°F||good weather||Phonsavan in december|
Weather and climate in Phonsavan
- Between january and march the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 72°F and you can expect to have 3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of april the climate is okay. It is for example 86°F as maximum temperature in april and it rains about 6.9in each month.
- Between may and september the climate is very unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is 67°F.
- In the month of october the climate is passable, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 79°F in average and you can expect to have 4.6in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between november and december the climate is beautiful. It is for example 74°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 1.1in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Phonsavan
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Phonsavan: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Phonsavan
Find out when Phonsavan has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Phonsavan
- Very low season in Phonsavan
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, July, August, September and October.
- Low season in Phonsavan
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March and April.
- High season in Phonsavan
The number of visitors to Phonsavan is high in: January, February and November.
- Peek season in Phonsavan
The largest number of tourists visiting Phonsavan is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Phonsavan month by month
Best time for low prices in Phonsavan
Average prices of hotels in Phonsavan month by month
Generally, August is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Phonsavan. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, November is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.