Best time to go to Valletta Average weather of Valletta, Malta
Find the best time to visit Valletta in Malta from seasonal averages on this page.
When is the best time to go to Valletta?
When is the best time to go to Valletta? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Valletta
- On average, the warmest months are July, August and September
- Valletta has dry periods in June, July and August
- The rainiest months are October and November
- August is the best month for swimming
Annual weather in Valletta
For full information about the climate and weather in Valletta a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Valletta in january
|Valletta in february
|Valletta in march
|Valletta in april
|Valletta in may
|Valletta in june
|Valletta in july
|Valletta in august
|Valletta in september
|Valletta in october
|Valletta in november
|Valletta in december
Weather and climate in Valletta
- Between january and march the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 70°F and, in march, 4 days of rain are expected.
- Between april and may the climate is beautiful. By early evening, the temperature averages 67°F and it rains about 0.7in each month.
- In june the climate is very good. At lunchtime, it's 76°F in average and, in june, 0 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of july and august the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 81°F and you can expect to have 0.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In september the climate is perfect. The temperature rises to 81°F and you can expect to have 2.1in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 63°F and it rains about 3.9in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Valletta
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Valletta: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Valletta
Find out when Valletta has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Valletta
- Very low season in Valletta
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January and February.
- Low season in Valletta
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, November and December.
- High season in Valletta
The number of visitors to Valletta is high in: April, May, June, July and October.
- Peak season in Valletta
The largest number of tourists visiting Valletta is during: August and September.
Figure: Visitor index for Valletta month by month
Best time for low prices in Valletta
Average prices of hotels in Valletta month by month
Generally, November is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Valletta. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Valletta
A return flight between London and Valletta is generally cheaper if you go in january ($ 80 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 126 more for your airline ticket to Valletta if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in Valletta
On average, it costs $ 52 per day to hire a car in Valletta. This price varies by $ 21 depending on the month. In november, hiring a car costs an average of $ 44 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in august is $ 65.