Best time to go to Malta for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the most favorable time to go to Malta from seasonal averages in many locations like Luqa or Sliema here.
When is the best time to go to Malta?
When is the best time to go to Malta? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good in Malta throughout the year
- The weather is good all year in Valletta
- On average, the warmest months in Valletta are July, August and September
- The rainiest months in this city are October and November
- The cities with the best climate are Valletta, Gozo, Ghar Lapsi, Golden Bay, Hondoq Bay, Luqa, Manikata, Mdina, Mosta and San Giljan, with good weather at least 11 months a year
- August is the best month for swimming in Valletta
Annual weather in Malta
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Malta for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||59°F to 61°F||good weather|
|March||59°F to 61°F||good weather|
|June||74°F to 76°F||perfect weather|
|July||79°F to 83°F||perfect weather|
|October||74°F to 76°F||good weather|
Best time to travel to Malta by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Malta
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Malta and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Valletta, Gozo, Ghar Lapsi, Golden Bay and Hondoq Bay, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Malta
Find out when Malta has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Malta
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, November and December. The number of visitors to Malta is high in: April, May, June, July, August, September and October.
- Very low season in Malta: January, February and March.
- Low season in Malta: November and December.
- High season in Malta: April, May and June.
- Peek season in Malta: July, August, September and October.
Figure: Visitor index for Malta month by month
Average price for flights to Malta
A return flight between London and Valletta is generally cheaper if you go in january ($ 60 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 49 more for your airline ticket to Valletta if you go in december.
Where to go in Malta?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
What can I do in Malta?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping