Best time to go to Taormina Average weather of Taormina, Sicily
Discover the most favorable time to visit Taormina in Italy from average weather conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Taormina?
When is the best time to go to Taormina? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Taormina are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are February, September, October and November
- August is the best month for swimming
Annual weather in Taormina
For full information about the climate and weather in Taormina a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||49°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Taormina in january|
|February||49°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Taormina in february|
|March||50°F/61°F||good weather||Taormina in march|
|April||58°F/65°F||good weather||Taormina in april|
|May||65°F/72°F||perfect weather||Taormina in may|
|June||72°F/79°F||perfect weather||Taormina in june|
|July||77°F/86°F||perfect weather||Taormina in july|
|August||77°F/86°F||perfect weather||Taormina in august|
|September||72°F/79°F||good weather||Taormina in september|
|October||65°F/72°F||good weather||Taormina in october|
|November||58°F/67°F||good weather||Taormina in november|
|December||52°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Taormina in december|
Weather and climate in Taormina
- From january to march the climate is passable, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 52°F and it rains in march about 4.1in.
- Between the months of april and may the climate is beautiful. At lunchtime, it's 72°F in average and it rains about 6% of the time in may.
- In the month of june the climate is very good. In average, on the morning it is 72°F and it rains in june about 1.2in.
- Between the months of july and november the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 67°F and it rains in november about 4.4in.
- In december the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 52°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Taormina
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Taormina: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Taormina
Find out when Taormina has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Taormina
- Very low season in Taormina
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and December.
- Low season in Taormina
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April and November.
- High season in Taormina
The number of visitors to Taormina is high in: May, June, July, September and October.
- Peek season in Taormina
The largest number of tourists visiting Taormina is during: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Taormina month by month
Best time for low prices in Taormina
Average prices of hotels in Taormina month by month
Generally, February is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Taormina. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, August is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.