Best time to go to Matera Average weather of Matera, Italy
Get the best time to visit Matera in Italy from seasonal averages below.
When is the best time to go to Matera?
When is the best time to go to Matera? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Matera are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are February, March, April, May, October and November
Annual weather in Matera
For full information about the climate and weather in Matera a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||43°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Matera in january|
|February||43°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Matera in february|
|March||47°F/61°F||tolerable weather||Matera in march|
|April||54°F/67°F||good weather||Matera in april|
|May||63°F/76°F||good weather||Matera in may|
|June||74°F/85°F||perfect weather||Matera in june|
|July||79°F/92°F||perfect weather||Matera in july|
|August||79°F/92°F||perfect weather||Matera in august|
|September||70°F/83°F||perfect weather||Matera in september|
|October||61°F/74°F||good weather||Matera in october|
|November||54°F/67°F||good weather||Matera in november|
|December||45°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Matera in december|
Weather and climate in Matera
- From january to february the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 72°F.
- In the month of march the climate is correct. By early evening, the temperature averages 52°F and, in march, 6 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of april and june the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 74°F and it rains in june about 2.2in.
- Between the months of july and august the climate is very good. It is for example 92°F as maximum temperature in august.
- Between the months of september and november the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 59°F and it rains about 3.7in each month.
- In the month of december the climate is unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 58°F in average and, in december, 3 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Matera
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Matera: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Matera
Find out when Matera has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Matera
- Very low season in Matera
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March and November.
- Low season in Matera
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, May, October and December.
- High season in Matera
The number of visitors to Matera is high in: June, July and September.
- Peak season in Matera
The largest number of tourists visiting Matera is during: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Matera month by month
Best time for low prices in Matera
Average price of hiring a car in Matera
On average, it costs $ 29 per day to hire a car in Matera. This price varies by $ 22 depending on the month. In february, hiring a car costs an average of $ 20 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 41.