Best time to go to Albania for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the best time to go to Albania from average weather conditions in many locations like Shkoder or Theth below.
When is the best time to go to Albania?
When is the best time to go to Albania? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Albania, the weather is good everywhere in May, June, July, August, September and October
- The best months to go to Tirana are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months in Tirana are July and August, and the coldest month of the year is January
- The rainiest months in this city are January, February, March, October, November and December
- The cities with the best climate are Tirana, Durrës, Castle Beach (Kavajë), Apollonia, Dajti Mountain National Park, Golem, Hamallaj, Prezë and Fier, with good weather at least 8 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Durrës are June, July, August, September and October
Annual weather in Albania
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Albania for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||23°F to 56°F||very bad weather*|
|February||25°F to 58°F||very bad weather*|
|March||31°F to 61°F||tolerable weather*|
|April||40°F to 68°F||good weather*|
|May||45°F to 76°F||good weather|
|June||52°F to 85°F||good weather*|
|July||56°F to 92°F||perfect weather*|
|August||56°F to 94°F||perfect weather*|
|September||47°F to 85°F||good weather*|
|October||40°F to 74°F||good weather|
|November||36°F to 67°F||tolerable weather*|
|December||29°F to 59°F||bad weather*|
Best time to travel to Albania by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Albania
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Albania and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Tirana, Durrës, Saranda, Shkoder and Vlore, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Albania
Find out when Albania has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Albania
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, November and December. The number of visitors to Albania is high in: June, July, August, September and October.
- Very low season in Albania: January, February and March.
- Low season in Albania: April, May, November and December.
- High season in Albania: June, July, September and October.
- Peak season in Albania: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Albania month by month
Average price for flights to Albania
A return flight between London and Tirana is generally cheaper if you go in may ($ 106 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 137 more for your airline ticket to Tirana if you go in july.
Where to go in Albania?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Castle Beach (Kavajë)||50°F||54°F||59°F||67°F||74°F||83°F||88°F||92°F||83°F||72°F||65°F||54°F|
|Dajti Mountain National Park||50°F||54°F||59°F||67°F||74°F||83°F||88°F||92°F||83°F||72°F||65°F||54°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Albania?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping
Is this weather information for Albania reliable?
Climate data for Albania has been gathered every day since January 2009. The analysis of these meteorological data for Albania allows us to determine the average for each month in Tirana, Durrës, Saranda, Shkoder, Vlore, Castle Beach (Kavajë), Elbasan, Kukës, and 31 other cities.
So yes: this data is reliable except in cases of temporary climate disruption in the region.