Best time to go to Akureyri Average weather of Akureyri, Iceland
Get the most favorable time to visit Akureyri in Iceland from seasonal norms, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Akureyri?
When is the best time to go to Akureyri? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best month in Akureyri is July
- The coldest months are January, February, March and December
- The rainiest months are January, February, March, August, September, October, November and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Akureyri a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Akureyri in january|
|very bad weather||Akureyri in february|
|very bad weather||Akureyri in march|
|very bad weather||Akureyri in april|
|very bad weather||Akureyri in may|
|bad weather||Akureyri in june|
|tolerable weather||Akureyri in july|
|bad weather||Akureyri in august|
|very bad weather||Akureyri in september|
|very bad weather||Akureyri in october|
|very bad weather||Akureyri in november|
|very bad weather||Akureyri in december|
Weather and climate in Akureyri
- Between the months of january and may the climate is the worst possible. By early evening, the temperature averages 43°F and it rains about 52% of the time in may.
- In the month of june the climate is bad. The temperature rises to 54°F and you can expect to have 2.6in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of july the climate is correct. It is for example 58°F as maximum temperature in july and it rains about 4.2in each month.
- In august the climate is not good. At lunchtime, it's 50°F in average and it rains in august about 5in.
- Between the months of september and december the climate is the worst possible. The temperature rises to 27°F and you can expect to have 5.1in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Akureyri
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Akureyri: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Iceland: get the best price!
Map of Iceland
Akureyri appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Iceland appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.
Recommended for you:
© 2014-2020 Des Clics Nomades SAS - All right reserved