When is the best time to go to Akureyri?
When is the best time to go to Akureyri? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best month in Akureyri is July
- December is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, February, March, August, October, November and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Akureyri a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-5°C/-2°C||162mm||very bad weather||Akureyri in january|
|February||-5°C/-1°C||140mm||very bad weather||Akureyri in february|
|March||-5°C/-0°C||152mm||very bad weather||Akureyri in march|
|April||-4°C/3°C||112mm||very bad weather||Akureyri in april|
|May||-1°C/7°C||120mm||very bad weather||Akureyri in may|
|June||11°C/13°C||75mm||bad weather||Akureyri in june|
|July||9°C/14°C||128mm||tolerable weather||Akureyri in july|
|August||6°C/13°C||135mm||bad weather||Akureyri in august|
|September||4°C/10°C||125mm||very bad weather||Akureyri in september|
|October||-1°C/3°C||160mm||very bad weather||Akureyri in october|
|November||-3°C/-1°C||160mm||very bad weather||Akureyri in november|
|December||-6°C/-3°C||163mm||very bad weather||Akureyri in december|
Weather and climate in Akureyri
- Between the months of january and may the climate is the worst possible. By early evening, the temperature averages 6°C and it rains about 58% of the time in may.
- In the month of june the climate is bad. The temperature rises to 13°C and you can expect to have 75mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of july the climate is correct. It is for example 14°C as maximum temperature in july and it rains about 128mm each month.
- In august the climate is not good. At lunchtime, it's 12°C in average and it rains in august about 135mm.
- Between the months of september and december the climate is the worst possible. The temperature rises to -3°C and you can expect to have 163mm of rainfall/month during this period.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Akureyri
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Akureyri: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Iceland
Akureyri appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Iceland appear on the map with a black icon. Hover for information about the climate.