Best time to go to Reykjavik Average weather of Reykjavik, Iceland
Get the best time to visit Reykjavik in Iceland from average weather conditions on this page.
When is the best time to go to Reykjavik?
When is the best time to go to Reykjavik? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Reykjavik are July and August
- December is the coldest month of the year
For full information about the climate and weather in Reykjavik a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Reykjavik in january|
|very bad weather||Reykjavik in february|
|very bad weather||Reykjavik in march|
|very bad weather||Reykjavik in april|
|bad weather||Reykjavik in may|
|bad weather||Reykjavik in june|
|tolerable weather||Reykjavik in july|
|tolerable weather||Reykjavik in august|
|bad weather||Reykjavik in september|
|very bad weather||Reykjavik in october|
|very bad weather||Reykjavik in november|
|very bad weather||Reykjavik in december|
Weather and climate in Reykjavik
- Between the months of january and may the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 59°F and, in may, 8 days of rain are expected.
- In june the climate is not good. At lunchtime, it's 52°F in average and it rains about 20% of the time in june.
- From july to august the climate is okay. At lunchtime, it's 56°F in average and, in august, 7 days of rain are expected.
- In september the climate is unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 59°F.
- Between october and december the climate is very bad. By early evening, the temperature averages 32°F and, in december, 7 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Reykjavik
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Reykjavik: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Iceland
Reykjavik appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Iceland appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.