Best time to go to Athens Average weather of Athens, Greece
Get the perfect time to go to Athens in Greece from seasonal norms here.
When is the best time to go to Athens?
When is the best time to go to Athens? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Athens are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are June, July and August
- Athens has dry periods in July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, February and December
- August is the best month for swimming
For full information about the climate and weather in Athens a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|tolerable weather||Athens in january|
|tolerable weather||Athens in february|
|tolerable weather||Athens in march|
|good weather||Athens in april|
|perfect weather||Athens in may|
|perfect weather||Athens in june|
|good weather||Athens in july|
|perfect weather||Athens in august|
|perfect weather||Athens in september|
|perfect weather||Athens in october|
|good weather||Athens in november|
|tolerable weather||Athens in december|
Weather and climate in Athens
- Between the months of january and march the climate is passable, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 76°F and, in march, 7 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of april the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 70°F and it rains about 19% of the time in april.
- From may to june the climate is very good. By early evening, the temperature averages 79°F and it rains about 0.7in each month.
- Between the months of july and november the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 59°F and, in november, 6 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of december the climate is passable, but still OK. It is for example 61°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 2.8in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Athens
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Athens: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Greece
Athens appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Greece appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.