Best time to go to Skiathos Average weather of Skiathos, Greece
Discover the most favorable time to go to Skiathos in Greece from seasonal norms on this page.
When is the best time to go to Skiathos?
When is the best time to go to Skiathos? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Skiathos are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are January, February, March, September, October and December
- August is the best month for swimming
Annual weather in Skiathos
For full information about the climate and weather in Skiathos a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Skiathos in january
|Skiathos in february
|Skiathos in march
|Skiathos in april
|Skiathos in may
|Skiathos in june
|Skiathos in july
|Skiathos in august
|Skiathos in september
|Skiathos in october
|Skiathos in november
|Skiathos in december
Weather and climate in Skiathos
- In january the climate is not good. In average, on the morning it is 52°F and you can expect to have 4.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of february and march the climate is just OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 58°F and it rains about 17% of the time in march.
- Between april and may the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 67°F and it rains about 11% of the time in may.
- In june the climate is perfect. The record temperature this month is 90°F and it rains in june about 2.6in.
- Between the months of july and november the climate is beautiful. It is for example 65°F as maximum temperature in november and it rains about 16% of the time in november.
- In december the climate is okay. By early evening, the temperature averages 56°F and, in december, 5 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Skiathos
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Skiathos: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Skiathos
Find out when Skiathos has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Skiathos
- Very low season in Skiathos
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March and December.
- Low season in Skiathos
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, May, October and November.
- High season in Skiathos
The number of visitors to Skiathos is high in: June and September.
- Peak season in Skiathos
The largest number of tourists visiting Skiathos is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Skiathos month by month
Best time for low prices in Skiathos
Average prices of hotels in Skiathos month by month
Generally, September is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Skiathos. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Skiathos
A return flight between London and Skiathos is generally cheaper if you go in january ($ 257 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 124 more for your airline ticket to Skiathos if you go in december.
Average price of hiring a car in Skiathos
On average, it costs $ 65 per day to hire a car in Skiathos. This price varies by $ 46 depending on the month. In march, hiring a car costs an average of $ 53 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in august is $ 99.