Best time to go to Naxos Average weather of Naxos, Greece
Get the perfect time to visit Naxos in Greece from seasonal norms below.
When is the best time to go to Naxos?
When is the best time to go to Naxos? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Naxos are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are June, July, August and September
- Naxos has dry periods in July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are January, February and December
- The best months for swimming are June, July, August, September and October
Annual weather in Naxos
For full information about the climate and weather in Naxos a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Naxos in january
|Naxos in february
|Naxos in march
|Naxos in april
|Naxos in may
|Naxos in june
|Naxos in july
|Naxos in august
|Naxos in september
|Naxos in october
|Naxos in november
|Naxos in december
Weather and climate in Naxos
- From january to march the climate is not good, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 61°F°C and, in march, 2 days of rain are expected.
- From april to may the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 68°F and, in may, 1 days of rain are expected.
- In june the climate is very good. At lunchtime, it's 76°F in average and you can expect to have 0.6in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of july and august the climate is good. It is for example 81°F as maximum temperature in august and, in august, 0 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of september the climate is perfect. At lunchtime, it's 77°F in average and it rains about 2% of the time in september.
- From october to december the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 59°F and it rains in december about 2.3in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Naxos
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Naxos: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Naxos
Find out when Naxos has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Naxos
- Very low season in Naxos
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and March.
- Low season in Naxos
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, May, October, November and December.
- High season in Naxos
The number of visitors to Naxos is high in: June and September.
- Peak season in Naxos
The largest number of tourists visiting Naxos is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Naxos month by month
Best time for low prices in Naxos
Average prices of hotels in Naxos month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Naxos. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, December is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Naxos
A return flight between London and Naxos is generally cheaper if you go in january ($ 232 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 250 more for your airline ticket to Naxos if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in Naxos
On average, it costs $ 63 per day to hire a car in Naxos. This price varies by $ 83 depending on the month. In february, hiring a car costs an average of $ 41 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in august is $ 123.