When is the best time to go to Colombo?
When is the best time to go to Colombo? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Colombo are January and February
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months are May, June, July and August
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Colombo a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||28°C/33°C||96mm||good weather||Colombo in january|
|February||28°C/34°C||92mm||good weather||Colombo in february|
|March||30°C/35°C||145mm||tolerable weather||Colombo in march|
|April||30°C/34°C||226mm||tolerable weather||Colombo in april|
|May||29°C/33°C||576mm||tolerable weather||Colombo in may|
|June||28°C/31°C||656mm||very bad weather||Colombo in june|
|July||28°C/31°C||538mm||tolerable weather||Colombo in july|
|August||28°C/31°C||529mm||tolerable weather||Colombo in august|
|September||28°C/31°C||429mm||tolerable weather||Colombo in september|
|October||29°C/33°C||368mm||tolerable weather||Colombo in october|
|November||29°C/33°C||349mm||tolerable weather||Colombo in november|
|December||28°C/33°C||230mm||tolerable weather||Colombo in december|
Weather and climate in Colombo
- From january to february the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 34°C in average and it rains about 40% of the time in february.
- From march to april the climate is okay. It is for example 34°C as maximum temperature in april and it rains about 85% of the time in april.
- In the month of may the climate is unfavorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 31°C and it rains about 87% of the time in may.
- Between the months of june and august the climate is very unfavorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 30°C and it rains about 94% of the time in august.
- In the month of september the climate is not good. In average, on the morning it is 26°C.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 33°C as maximum temperature in december and it rains about 230mm each month.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Colombo
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Colombo: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Sri Lanka
Colombo appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Sri Lanka appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.