Best time to go to Colombo Average weather of Colombo, Sri Lanka
Find the very best time to go to Colombo in Sri Lanka from average climate conditions, here.
When is the best time to go to Colombo?
When is the best time to go to Colombo? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Colombo are January, February, March and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months are June and August
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Colombo a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|good weather||Colombo in january|
|good weather||Colombo in february|
|good weather||Colombo in march|
|tolerable weather||Colombo in april|
|tolerable weather||Colombo in may|
|tolerable weather||Colombo in june|
|tolerable weather||Colombo in july|
|tolerable weather||Colombo in august|
|tolerable weather||Colombo in september|
|tolerable weather||Colombo in october|
|tolerable weather||Colombo in november|
|good weather||Colombo in december|
Weather and climate in Colombo
- From january to february the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 92°F in average and it rains about 37% of the time in february.
- From march to april the climate is okay. It is for example 94°F as maximum temperature in april and it rains about 82% of the time in april.
- In the month of may the climate is unfavorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 86°F and it rains about 86% of the time in may.
- Between the months of june and august the climate is very unfavorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 85°F and it rains about 90% of the time in august.
- In the month of september the climate is not good. In average, on the morning it is 81°F.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 90°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains about 6.9in each month.
Tours and organised trips in Sri Lanka
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Colombo
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Colombo: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Sri Lanka: get the best price!
Map of Sri Lanka
Colombo appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Sri Lanka appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.
Recommended for you:
© 2014-2020 Des Clics Nomades SAS - All right reserved