Best time to go to Colombo Average weather of Colombo, Sri Lanka
Find the very best time to go to Colombo in Sri Lanka from average climate conditions, here.
When is the best time to go to Colombo?
When is the best time to go to Colombo? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Colombo are January and February
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months are May, June, July and August
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Colombo a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|good weather||Colombo in january|
|good weather||Colombo in february|
|tolerable weather||Colombo in march|
|tolerable weather||Colombo in april|
|tolerable weather||Colombo in may|
|very bad weather||Colombo in june|
|tolerable weather||Colombo in july|
|tolerable weather||Colombo in august|
|tolerable weather||Colombo in september|
|tolerable weather||Colombo in october|
|tolerable weather||Colombo in november|
|tolerable weather||Colombo in december|
Weather and climate in Colombo
- From january to february the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 34°C in average and it rains about 40% of the time in february.
- From march to april the climate is okay. It is for example 34°C as maximum temperature in april and it rains about 85% of the time in april.
- In the month of may the climate is unfavorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 31°C and it rains about 87% of the time in may.
- Between the months of june and august the climate is very unfavorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 30°C and it rains about 94% of the time in august.
- In the month of september the climate is not good. In average, on the morning it is 26°C.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 33°C as maximum temperature in december and it rains about 230mm each month.
Tours and organised trips in Sri Lanka
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Colombo
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Colombo: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Sri Lanka
Colombo appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Sri Lanka appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.
Recommended for you:
Key cities in Sri Lanka
© 2014-2019 Des Clics Nomades SAS - All right reserved