Best time to go to Kandy Average weather of Kandy, Sri Lanka
Discover the very best time to go to Kandy in Sri Lanka from average weather conditions, right here.
When is the best time to go to Kandy?
When is the best time to go to Kandy? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Kandy are January, February, March, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- The rainiest months are October and November
Annual weather in Kandy
For full information about the climate and weather in Kandy a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||74°F/85°F||good weather||Kandy in january|
|February||76°F/88°F||good weather||Kandy in february|
|March||79°F/90°F||good weather||Kandy in march|
|April||79°F/90°F||tolerable weather||Kandy in april|
|May||79°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Kandy in may|
|June||77°F/86°F||good weather||Kandy in june|
|July||77°F/85°F||good weather||Kandy in july|
|August||77°F/86°F||good weather||Kandy in august|
|September||77°F/86°F||good weather||Kandy in september|
|October||77°F/86°F||very bad weather||Kandy in october|
|November||76°F/85°F||bad weather||Kandy in november|
|December||76°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Kandy in december|
Weather and climate in Kandy
- From january to march the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 79°F and it rains about 7.8in each month.
- In april the climate is very bad. In average, on the morning it is 81°F.
- From may to september the climate is passable, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 86°F in average.
- Between october and december the climate is unfavorable. The temperature rises to 83°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Kandy
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Kandy: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Kandy
Find out when Kandy has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Kandy
- Very low season in Kandy
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: October.
- Low season in Kandy
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, May, June and November.
- High season in Kandy
The number of visitors to Kandy is high in: January, February, July, September and December.
- Peek season in Kandy
The largest number of tourists visiting Kandy is during: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Kandy month by month
Best time for low prices in Kandy
Average prices of hotels in Kandy month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Kandy. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.