Best time to go to Nuwara Eliya Average weather of Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka
Find the best time to go to Nuwara Eliya in Sri Lanka from average weather conditions below.
When is the best time to go to Nuwara Eliya?
When is the best time to go to Nuwara Eliya? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Nuwara Eliya are January and February
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- The rainiest months are October and November
Annual weather in Nuwara Eliya
For full information about the climate and weather in Nuwara Eliya a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||68°F/77°F||good weather||Nuwara Eliya in january|
|February||70°F/81°F||good weather||Nuwara Eliya in february|
|March||72°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Nuwara Eliya in march|
|April||74°F/83°F||very bad weather||Nuwara Eliya in april|
|May||74°F/83°F||very bad weather||Nuwara Eliya in may|
|June||74°F/81°F||tolerable weather||Nuwara Eliya in june|
|July||74°F/81°F||tolerable weather||Nuwara Eliya in july|
|August||74°F/81°F||tolerable weather||Nuwara Eliya in august|
|September||72°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Nuwara Eliya in september|
|October||72°F/81°F||very bad weather||Nuwara Eliya in october|
|November||70°F/79°F||very bad weather||Nuwara Eliya in november|
|December||70°F/77°F||tolerable weather||Nuwara Eliya in december|
Weather and climate in Nuwara Eliya
- Between the months of january and february the climate is passable, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 90°F and you can expect to have 9.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of march the climate is unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 83°F°C and it rains about 11.5in each month.
- Between april and may the climate is very unfavorable. It is for example 83°F as maximum temperature in may and it rains about 22.3in each month.
- Between the months of june and september the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 83°F°C and you can expect to have 14.5in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between october and december the climate is very unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 85°F and it rains about 57% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Nuwara Eliya
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Nuwara Eliya: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Nuwara Eliya
Find out when Nuwara Eliya has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Nuwara Eliya
- Very low season in Nuwara Eliya
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: April, May, October and November.
- Low season in Nuwara Eliya
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March and June.
- High season in Nuwara Eliya
The number of visitors to Nuwara Eliya is high in: January, February, July and September.
- Peek season in Nuwara Eliya
The largest number of tourists visiting Nuwara Eliya is during: August and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Nuwara Eliya month by month
Best time for low prices in Nuwara Eliya
Average prices of hotels in Nuwara Eliya month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Nuwara Eliya. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.