When is the best time to go to Nuwara Eliya?
When is the best time to go to Nuwara Eliya? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Nuwara Eliya are January, February, March, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- The rainiest months are May, October and November
For full information about the climate and weather in Nuwara Eliya a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||20°C/25°C||305mm||tolerable weather||Nuwara Eliya in january|
|February||20°C/26°C||359mm||tolerable weather||Nuwara Eliya in february|
|March||22°C/27°C||446mm||tolerable weather||Nuwara Eliya in march|
|April||22°C/27°C||660mm||very bad weather||Nuwara Eliya in april|
|May||22°C/26°C||783mm||very bad weather||Nuwara Eliya in may|
|June||21°C/25°C||282mm||tolerable weather||Nuwara Eliya in june|
|July||21°C/25°C||256mm||tolerable weather||Nuwara Eliya in july|
|August||21°C/25°C||339mm||tolerable weather||Nuwara Eliya in august|
|September||21°C/26°C||520mm||tolerable weather||Nuwara Eliya in september|
|October||22°C/26°C||858mm||very bad weather||Nuwara Eliya in october|
|November||21°C/25°C||968mm||very bad weather||Nuwara Eliya in november|
|December||20°C/24°C||656mm||very bad weather||Nuwara Eliya in december|
Weather and climate in Nuwara Eliya
- Between the months of january and february the climate is passable, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 32°C and you can expect to have 359mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of march the climate is unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 27°C°C and it rains about 446mm each month.
- Between april and may the climate is very unfavorable. It is for example 26°C as maximum temperature in may and it rains about 783mm each month.
- Between the months of june and september the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 26°C°C and you can expect to have 520mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between october and december the climate is very unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 30°C and it rains about 85% of the time in december.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Nuwara Eliya
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Nuwara Eliya: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Sri Lanka
Nuwara Eliya appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Sri Lanka appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.