Best time to go to Kalutara Average weather of Kalutara, Sri Lanka
Discover the very best time to visit Kalutara in Sri Lanka from seasonal norms here.
When is the best time to go to Kalutara?
When is the best time to go to Kalutara? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Kalutara are January, February, March and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months are May, June, July and August
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Kalutara
For full information about the climate and weather in Kalutara a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||81°F/88°F||good weather||Kalutara in january|
|February||83°F/90°F||good weather||Kalutara in february|
|March||85°F/90°F||good weather||Kalutara in march|
|April||85°F/90°F||tolerable weather||Kalutara in april|
|May||85°F/88°F||very bad weather||Kalutara in may|
|June||83°F/86°F||very bad weather||Kalutara in june|
|July||83°F/85°F||very bad weather||Kalutara in july|
|August||83°F/85°F||very bad weather||Kalutara in august|
|September||83°F/86°F||bad weather||Kalutara in september|
|October||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Kalutara in october|
|November||83°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Kalutara in november|
|December||81°F/88°F||good weather||Kalutara in december|
Weather and climate in Kalutara
- In january the climate is beautiful. The temperature rises to 88°F and it rains in january about 2.9in.
- From february to march the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 90°F and, in march, 10 days of rain are expected.
- From april to may the climate is bad. The temperature rises to 88°F and it rains about 74% of the time in may.
- Between june and august the climate is the worst possible. The record temperature this month is 88°F and it rains in august about 24in.
- In the month of september the climate is not good. By early evening, the temperature averages 81°F and it rains about 18.7in each month.
- Between october and december the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 88°F and, in december, 9 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Kalutara
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Kalutara: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Kalutara
Find out when Kalutara has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Kalutara
- Very low season in Kalutara
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, September and October.
- Low season in Kalutara
The months with low numbers of tourists are: February, March, April, July, August and November.
- High season in Kalutara
The number of visitors to Kalutara is high in: January.
- Peak season in Kalutara
The largest number of tourists visiting Kalutara is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Kalutara month by month
Best time for low prices in Kalutara
Average prices of hotels in Kalutara month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Kalutara. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, March is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.