When is the best time to go to Kalutara?
When is the best time to go to Kalutara? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Kalutara are January and February
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, June, August, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months are May, June, July and August
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Kalutara a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||27°C/33°C||104mm||good weather||Kalutara in january|
|February||28°C/34°C||91mm||good weather||Kalutara in february|
|March||30°C/34°C||154mm||tolerable weather||Kalutara in march|
|April||30°C/34°C||252mm||bad weather||Kalutara in april|
|May||29°C/33°C||644mm||very bad weather||Kalutara in may|
|June||28°C/31°C||710mm||very bad weather||Kalutara in june|
|July||28°C/31°C||590mm||very bad weather||Kalutara in july|
|August||28°C/31°C||605mm||very bad weather||Kalutara in august|
|September||28°C/31°C||494mm||tolerable weather||Kalutara in september|
|October||29°C/33°C||387mm||tolerable weather||Kalutara in october|
|November||29°C/33°C||353mm||tolerable weather||Kalutara in november|
|December||28°C/33°C||242mm||tolerable weather||Kalutara in december|
Weather and climate in Kalutara
- In january the climate is beautiful. The temperature rises to 33°C and it rains in january about 104mm.
- From february to march the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 34°C and, in march, 20 days of rain are expected.
- From april to may the climate is bad. The temperature rises to 33°C and it rains about 88% of the time in may.
- Between june and august the climate is the worst possible. The record temperature this month is 36°C and it rains in august about 605mm.
- In the month of september the climate is not good. By early evening, the temperature averages 31°C and it rains about 494mm each month.
- Between october and december the climate is not good, but still OK. The temperature rises to 33°C and, in december, 22 days of rain are expected.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Kalutara
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Kalutara: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Sri Lanka
Kalutara appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Sri Lanka appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.