When is the best time to go to Udawalawe National Park?
When is the best time to go to Udawalawe National Park? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Udawalawe National Park are January and February
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months are April, May, October and November
For full information about the climate and weather in Udawalawe National Park a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||21°C/32°C||207mm||good weather||Udawalawe National Park in january|
|February||22°C/33°C||219mm||good weather||Udawalawe National Park in february|
|March||23°C/34°C||298mm||tolerable weather||Udawalawe National Park in march|
|April||23°C/33°C||479mm||tolerable weather||Udawalawe National Park in april|
|May||24°C/31°C||472mm||tolerable weather||Udawalawe National Park in may|
|June||24°C/30°C||318mm||bad weather||Udawalawe National Park in june|
|July||24°C/30°C||261mm||tolerable weather||Udawalawe National Park in july|
|August||23°C/30°C||328mm||tolerable weather||Udawalawe National Park in august|
|September||23°C/30°C||339mm||tolerable weather||Udawalawe National Park in september|
|October||22°C/31°C||492mm||tolerable weather||Udawalawe National Park in october|
|November||23°C/31°C||587mm||very bad weather||Udawalawe National Park in november|
|December||22°C/31°C||417mm||tolerable weather||Udawalawe National Park in december|
Weather and climate in Udawalawe National Park
- Between the months of january and february the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 21°C and, in february, 17 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of march the climate is passable, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 22°C and it rains in march about 298mm.
- From april to may the climate is very unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 31°C°C and it rains about 472mm each month.
- From june to september the climate is okay. By early evening, the temperature averages 26°C and it rains about 84% of the time in september.
- Between october and november the climate is very bad. By early evening, the temperature averages 26°C and you can expect to have 587mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of december the climate is unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is 21°C and it rains about 417mm each month.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Udawalawe National Park
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Udawalawe National Park: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Sri Lanka
Udawalawe National Park appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Sri Lanka appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.