Best time to go to Galle Average weather of Galle, Sri Lanka
Discover the very best time to visit Galle in Sri Lanka from seasonal norms, below.
When is the best time to go to Galle?
When is the best time to go to Galle? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Galle are January, February and March
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are May and June
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Galle
For full information about the climate and weather in Galle a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||81°F/86°F||good weather||Galle in january|
|February||81°F/88°F||good weather||Galle in february|
|March||83°F/88°F||good weather||Galle in march|
|April||85°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Galle in april|
|May||83°F/86°F||very bad weather||Galle in may|
|June||83°F/85°F||very bad weather||Galle in june|
|July||83°F/85°F||bad weather||Galle in july|
|August||81°F/85°F||very bad weather||Galle in august|
|September||81°F/85°F||bad weather||Galle in september|
|October||81°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Galle in october|
|November||81°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Galle in november|
|December||81°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Galle in december|
Weather and climate in Galle
- Between the months of january and february the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 88°F°C and, in february, 7 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of march and april the climate is not good, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 92°F and it rains about 56% of the time in april.
- Between the months of may and september the climate is the worst possible. In average, on the morning it is 83°F and you can expect to have 19.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 88°F and you can expect to have 8.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Galle
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Galle: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Galle
Find out when Galle has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Galle
- Very low season in Galle
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May and June.
- Low season in Galle
The months with low numbers of tourists are: September and November.
- High season in Galle
The number of visitors to Galle is high in: March, April, July, August and October.
- Peak season in Galle
The largest number of tourists visiting Galle is during: January, February and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Galle month by month
Best time for low prices in Galle
Average prices of hotels in Galle month by month
Generally, June is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Galle. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.