Best time to go to Galle Average weather of Galle, Sri Lanka
Discover the very best time to visit Galle in Sri Lanka from seasonal norms, below.
When is the best time to go to Galle?
When is the best time to go to Galle? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Galle are January and February
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are May, June, August and September
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Galle a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|good weather||Galle in january|
|good weather||Galle in february|
|tolerable weather||Galle in march|
|tolerable weather||Galle in april|
|tolerable weather||Galle in may|
|tolerable weather||Galle in june|
|tolerable weather||Galle in july|
|tolerable weather||Galle in august|
|tolerable weather||Galle in september|
|tolerable weather||Galle in october|
|tolerable weather||Galle in november|
|tolerable weather||Galle in december|
Weather and climate in Galle
- Between the months of january and february the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 33°C°C and, in february, 15 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of march and april the climate is not good, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 37°C and it rains about 83% of the time in april.
- Between the months of may and september the climate is the worst possible. In average, on the morning it is 27°C and you can expect to have 459mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 36°C and you can expect to have 216mm of rainfall/month during this period.
Tours and organised trips in Sri Lanka
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Galle
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Galle: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Sri Lanka
Galle appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Sri Lanka appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.
Recommended for you:
Key cities in Sri Lanka
© 2014-2019 Des Clics Nomades SAS - All right reserved