Best time to go to Bentota Average weather of Bentota, Sri Lanka
Find the perfect time to go to Bentota in Sri Lanka from seasonal averages below.
When is the best time to go to Bentota?
When is the best time to go to Bentota? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Bentota are January, February, March and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months are May, June, July and August
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Bentota
For full information about the climate and weather in Bentota a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||81°F/88°F||good weather||Bentota in january|
|February||83°F/90°F||good weather||Bentota in february|
|March||85°F/90°F||good weather||Bentota in march|
|April||85°F/90°F||tolerable weather||Bentota in april|
|May||85°F/88°F||very bad weather||Bentota in may|
|June||83°F/86°F||very bad weather||Bentota in june|
|July||83°F/85°F||very bad weather||Bentota in july|
|August||83°F/85°F||very bad weather||Bentota in august|
|September||83°F/86°F||bad weather||Bentota in september|
|October||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Bentota in october|
|November||83°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Bentota in november|
|December||81°F/88°F||good weather||Bentota in december|
Weather and climate in Bentota
- In the month of january the climate is good. The temperature rises to 88°F and it rains about 16% of the time in january.
- Between the months of february and march the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 90°F as maximum temperature in march.
- Between the months of april and may the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 92°F and it rains about 74% of the time in may.
- Between june and august the climate is very unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 85°F°C and it rains about 24in each month.
- In the month of september the climate is bad. At lunchtime, it's 85°F in average and, in september, 20 days of rain are expected.
- From october to december the climate is correct. It is for example 88°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 6.7in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Bentota
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Bentota: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Bentota
Find out when Bentota has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Bentota
- Very low season in Bentota
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May and June.
- Low season in Bentota
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, July, September, October and November.
- High season in Bentota
The number of visitors to Bentota is high in: January, February, March and August.
- Peek season in Bentota
The largest number of tourists visiting Bentota is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Bentota month by month
Best time for low prices in Bentota
Average prices of hotels in Bentota month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Bentota. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.