When is the best time to go to Bentota?
When is the best time to go to Bentota? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Bentota are January and February
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, June, August, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months are May, June, July and August
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Bentota a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||27°C/33°C||103mm||good weather||Bentota in january|
|February||28°C/34°C||91mm||good weather||Bentota in february|
|March||30°C/34°C||155mm||tolerable weather||Bentota in march|
|April||30°C/34°C||252mm||bad weather||Bentota in april|
|May||29°C/33°C||644mm||very bad weather||Bentota in may|
|June||28°C/31°C||708mm||very bad weather||Bentota in june|
|July||28°C/31°C||590mm||very bad weather||Bentota in july|
|August||28°C/31°C||604mm||very bad weather||Bentota in august|
|September||28°C/31°C||494mm||tolerable weather||Bentota in september|
|October||29°C/33°C||387mm||tolerable weather||Bentota in october|
|November||29°C/33°C||353mm||tolerable weather||Bentota in november|
|December||28°C/33°C||242mm||tolerable weather||Bentota in december|
Weather and climate in Bentota
- In the month of january the climate is good. The temperature rises to 33°C and it rains about 36% of the time in january.
- Between the months of february and march the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 34°C as maximum temperature in march.
- Between the months of april and may the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 36°C and it rains about 88% of the time in may.
- Between june and august the climate is very unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 31°C°C and it rains about 604mm each month.
- In the month of september the climate is bad. At lunchtime, it's 30°C in average and, in september, 26 days of rain are expected.
- From october to december the climate is correct. It is for example 33°C as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 242mm.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Bentota
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Bentota: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Sri Lanka
Bentota appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Sri Lanka appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.