Best time to go to Bentota Average weather of Bentota, Sri Lanka
Find the perfect time to go to Bentota in Sri Lanka from seasonal averages below.
When is the best time to go to Bentota?
When is the best time to go to Bentota? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Bentota are January, February and December
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are May and June
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Bentota a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|good weather||Bentota in january|
|good weather||Bentota in february|
|tolerable weather||Bentota in march|
|tolerable weather||Bentota in april|
|tolerable weather||Bentota in may|
|tolerable weather||Bentota in june|
|tolerable weather||Bentota in july|
|tolerable weather||Bentota in august|
|tolerable weather||Bentota in september|
|tolerable weather||Bentota in october|
|tolerable weather||Bentota in november|
|good weather||Bentota in december|
Weather and climate in Bentota
- In the month of january the climate is good. The temperature rises to 88°F and it rains about 16% of the time in january.
- Between the months of february and march the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 90°F as maximum temperature in march.
- Between the months of april and may the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 92°F and it rains about 81% of the time in may.
- Between june and august the climate is very unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 85°F°C and it rains about 10.7in each month.
- In the month of september the climate is bad. At lunchtime, it's 85°F in average and, in september, 22 days of rain are expected.
- From october to december the climate is correct. It is for example 86°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 3.1in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Bentota
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Bentota: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Sri Lanka
Bentota appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Sri Lanka appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.