Best time to go to Hikkaduwa Average weather of Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka
Find the very best time to visit Hikkaduwa in Sri Lanka from seasonal norms, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Hikkaduwa?
When is the best time to go to Hikkaduwa? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Hikkaduwa are January, February, March and December
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are May, June, August and September
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Hikkaduwa a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|good weather||Hikkaduwa in january|
|good weather||Hikkaduwa in february|
|good weather||Hikkaduwa in march|
|tolerable weather||Hikkaduwa in april|
|tolerable weather||Hikkaduwa in may|
|tolerable weather||Hikkaduwa in june|
|tolerable weather||Hikkaduwa in july|
|tolerable weather||Hikkaduwa in august|
|tolerable weather||Hikkaduwa in september|
|tolerable weather||Hikkaduwa in october|
|tolerable weather||Hikkaduwa in november|
|good weather||Hikkaduwa in december|
Weather and climate in Hikkaduwa
- Between january and february the climate is favorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 83°F.
- From march to april the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 97°F and, in april, 24 days of rain are expected.
- Between may and september the climate is very bad. At lunchtime, it's 85°F in average and it rains about 15.2in each month.
- Between october and december the climate is correct. the thermometer goes up to 88°F°C and it rains about 6.4in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Hikkaduwa
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Hikkaduwa: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Sri Lanka
Hikkaduwa appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Sri Lanka appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.