Best time to go to Negombo Average weather of Negombo, Sri Lanka
Get the best time to go to Negombo in Sri Lanka from seasonal averages right here.
When is the best time to go to Negombo?
When is the best time to go to Negombo? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Negombo are January, February and March
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are May, June, July, August and September
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Negombo a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|perfect weather||Negombo in january|
|good weather||Negombo in february|
|good weather||Negombo in march|
|tolerable weather||Negombo in april|
|tolerable weather||Negombo in may|
|tolerable weather||Negombo in june|
|tolerable weather||Negombo in july|
|tolerable weather||Negombo in august|
|tolerable weather||Negombo in september|
|tolerable weather||Negombo in october|
|tolerable weather||Negombo in november|
|tolerable weather||Negombo in december|
Weather and climate in Negombo
- Between january and february the climate is beautiful. The temperature rises to 90°F and it rains about 1.5in each month.
- From march to may the climate is just OK. In average, on the morning it is 85°F and it rains about 8in each month.
- Between the months of june and august the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 90°F and it rains about 77% of the time in august.
- From september to december the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 88°F as maximum temperature in december and you can expect to have 4.8in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Negombo
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Negombo: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Sri Lanka
Negombo appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Sri Lanka appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.