When is the best time to go to Negombo?
When is the best time to go to Negombo? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Negombo are January and February
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months are May, June and July
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Negombo a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||27°C/33°C||88mm||good weather||Negombo in january|
|February||28°C/34°C||85mm||good weather||Negombo in february|
|March||29°C/35°C||129mm||tolerable weather||Negombo in march|
|April||30°C/34°C||185mm||tolerable weather||Negombo in april|
|May||29°C/33°C||440mm||tolerable weather||Negombo in may|
|June||28°C/31°C||501mm||tolerable weather||Negombo in june|
|July||28°C/31°C||415mm||tolerable weather||Negombo in july|
|August||28°C/31°C||401mm||tolerable weather||Negombo in august|
|September||28°C/31°C||328mm||tolerable weather||Negombo in september|
|October||28°C/33°C||332mm||tolerable weather||Negombo in october|
|November||29°C/33°C||343mm||tolerable weather||Negombo in november|
|December||28°C/33°C||232mm||tolerable weather||Negombo in december|
Weather and climate in Negombo
- Between january and february the climate is beautiful. The temperature rises to 34°C and it rains about 85mm each month.
- From march to may the climate is just OK. In average, on the morning it is 28°C and it rains about 440mm each month.
- Between the months of june and august the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 36°C and it rains about 91% of the time in august.
- From september to december the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 33°C as maximum temperature in december and you can expect to have 232mm of rainfall/month during this period.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Negombo
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Negombo: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Sri Lanka
Negombo appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Sri Lanka appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.