Best time to go to Negombo Average weather of Negombo, Sri Lanka
Get the best time to go to Negombo in Sri Lanka from seasonal averages right here.
When is the best time to go to Negombo?
When is the best time to go to Negombo? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Negombo are January, February, March and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months are May, June, July and August
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Negombo
For full information about the climate and weather in Negombo a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||79°F/88°F||good weather||Negombo in january|
|February||81°F/92°F||good weather||Negombo in february|
|March||85°F/92°F||good weather||Negombo in march|
|April||85°F/92°F||tolerable weather||Negombo in april|
|May||85°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Negombo in may|
|June||83°F/86°F||very bad weather||Negombo in june|
|July||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Negombo in july|
|August||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Negombo in august|
|September||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Negombo in september|
|October||83°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Negombo in october|
|November||81°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Negombo in november|
|December||81°F/88°F||good weather||Negombo in december|
Weather and climate in Negombo
- Between january and february the climate is beautiful. The temperature rises to 92°F and it rains about 3.4in each month.
- From march to may the climate is just OK. In average, on the morning it is 85°F and it rains about 19.5in each month.
- Between the months of june and august the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 90°F and it rains about 64% of the time in august.
- From september to december the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 88°F as maximum temperature in december and you can expect to have 9.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Negombo
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Negombo: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Negombo
Find out when Negombo has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Negombo
- Very low season in Negombo
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: June.
- Low season in Negombo
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, May, October and November.
- High season in Negombo
The number of visitors to Negombo is high in: January, February, July and September.
- Peak season in Negombo
The largest number of tourists visiting Negombo is during: August and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Negombo month by month
Best time for low prices in Negombo
Average prices of hotels in Negombo month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Negombo. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, December is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.