Best time to go to Negombo Average weather of Negombo, Sri Lanka
Get the best time to go to Negombo in Sri Lanka from seasonal averages right here.
When is the best time to go to Negombo?
When is the best time to go to Negombo? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Negombo are January and February
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months are May, June and July
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Negombo a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|good weather||Negombo in january|
|good weather||Negombo in february|
|tolerable weather||Negombo in march|
|tolerable weather||Negombo in april|
|tolerable weather||Negombo in may|
|tolerable weather||Negombo in june|
|tolerable weather||Negombo in july|
|tolerable weather||Negombo in august|
|tolerable weather||Negombo in september|
|tolerable weather||Negombo in october|
|tolerable weather||Negombo in november|
|tolerable weather||Negombo in december|
Weather and climate in Negombo
- Between january and february the climate is beautiful. The temperature rises to 34°C and it rains about 85mm each month.
- From march to may the climate is just OK. In average, on the morning it is 28°C and it rains about 440mm each month.
- Between the months of june and august the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 36°C and it rains about 91% of the time in august.
- From september to december the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 33°C as maximum temperature in december and you can expect to have 232mm of rainfall/month during this period.
Tours and organised trips in Sri Lanka
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Negombo
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Negombo: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Sri Lanka: get the best price!
Map of Sri Lanka
Negombo appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Sri Lanka appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.
Recommended for you:
Key cities in Sri Lanka
© 2014-2019 Des Clics Nomades SAS - All right reserved