Best time to go to Kuliyapitiya Average weather of Kuliyapitiya, Sri Lanka
Discover the best time to visit Kuliyapitiya in Sri Lanka from seasonal averages, here.
When is the best time to go to Kuliyapitiya?
When is the best time to go to Kuliyapitiya? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Kuliyapitiya are January, February, March and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months are May, June, July and August
Annual weather in Kuliyapitiya
For full information about the climate and weather in Kuliyapitiya a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||79°F/88°F||good weather||Kuliyapitiya in january|
|February||81°F/92°F||good weather||Kuliyapitiya in february|
|March||85°F/92°F||good weather||Kuliyapitiya in march|
|April||85°F/92°F||tolerable weather||Kuliyapitiya in april|
|May||85°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Kuliyapitiya in may|
|June||83°F/86°F||very bad weather||Kuliyapitiya in june|
|July||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Kuliyapitiya in july|
|August||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Kuliyapitiya in august|
|September||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Kuliyapitiya in september|
|October||83°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Kuliyapitiya in october|
|November||81°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Kuliyapitiya in november|
|December||81°F/88°F||good weather||Kuliyapitiya in december|
Weather and climate in Kuliyapitiya
- Between january and february the climate is good. At lunchtime, it's 90°F in average and it rains about 19% of the time in february.
- Between march and april the climate is passable, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 85°F.
- In the month of may the climate is bad. In average, on the morning it is 85°F and, in may, 19 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of june and august the climate is very unfavorable. The temperature rises to 86°F and you can expect to have 17.6in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From september to december the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 94°F and you can expect to have 9.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Kuliyapitiya
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Kuliyapitiya: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Kuliyapitiya
Find out when Kuliyapitiya has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Kuliyapitiya
- Very low season in Kuliyapitiya
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: June.
- Low season in Kuliyapitiya
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, May, September, October and November.
- High season in Kuliyapitiya
The number of visitors to Kuliyapitiya is high in: January, February, July and August.
- Peek season in Kuliyapitiya
The largest number of tourists visiting Kuliyapitiya is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Kuliyapitiya month by month
Best time for low prices in Kuliyapitiya
Average prices of hotels in Kuliyapitiya month by month
Generally, June is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Kuliyapitiya. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, December is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.